PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Problem with RemoteChannelStreamConverter plugin installed from feeds

white_westie
24-04-13, 22:31
Installed RemoteStreamConverter plugin from feeds on VIX bld 649 (clean flash with only nfs server and ondemand plugin installed)
Configured server address (also fresh vix bld 649), login etc, and pressed okay. Bottom line displayed message about getting remote bouquets, but when it finished, it displayed nothing to select from.
Searched forums and found a similar problem about 2 months ago, where Andy supplied a poster with a updated plugin.pyo file.
Installed that, but no change.

Switched debug log on, restarted enigma and tried again.
Attached is log. 'vixfeed_Enigma2-24-04-2013_19-42-01.log'
One thing I did notice was that a populated /tmp/lamedb file was created, but nothing else.

Removed the plugin, restarted enigma, installed an older version I found on another site, restarted enigma, and tried again.
This time it all worked. I checked the /tmp directory before selecting what bouquets to download, and there was a populated lamedb file as well as all of the userbouquet files downloaded from my server box.
When I selected 2 bouquets, the process completed and the lamedb and userbouquet files where updated/created in /etc/enigma2
Attached is the log for this process 'nonvixfeed_Enigma2-24-04-2013_19-52-25.log'

Also attached is a dump of my bouquets from my server box - extracted using DreamSet.

Maybe somebody could have a look at the logs and see if there is any useful information.

WW

Rob van der Does
25-04-13, 04:30
Installed RemoteStreamConverter plugin from feeds on VIX bld 649 (clean flash with only nfs server and ondemand plugin installed).....
So you have no channels at all then?

white_westie
25-04-13, 08:53
No, not if I use the plugin from feed.
Yes, if I use alternate plugin

Rob van der Does
25-04-13, 12:15
No, not if I use the plugin from feed.
Yes, if I use alternate plugin
I don't understand: you said 'clean flash with only nfs server and ondemand plugin installed' so that means that you have no channel list. And now you say you have.........
And also an 'alternate plugin'. What's that?

white_westie
25-04-13, 12:47
Not sure what you dont understand.
One box working away connected to sats acting as server, also connected to local network.
2nd box connected to local network trying to use remotestream plugin - actually got the idea from some of your posts to try this feature because I do not have a sat feed where I want to use this box.
Plugin download from feed does not work - debug log provided.
Alternate plugin found on another site when installed does - debug log provided.
Dump of bouquets from server box also provided.
Have also downloaded plugin source from git and installed - does not work.
Possible changes to ABM or recent EPG developments could be source, as Andy posted before that he had made some VIX/ABM specific changes to plugin.

WW

Rob van der Does
25-04-13, 13:04
1- I thought the 'clean flash' would have been the server box;
2- No idea why installing plugins from the feeds on the clientbox doesn't work; as this might indicate a network issue, I would sort that out in the first place.

white_westie
25-04-13, 13:37
No issues with network or installing from feeds - plugin when installed from feeds does not work for me...
After spending some time looking at code (no python skills but can sort of follow it), I understand what it is trying do and how it is actually trying to do it. Need to look at files on server stb to see if any problems with content.
Don't use ABM or anything like that, but use DreamSet to generate channel lists and basic bouquets - it has an internet option which reads data from kingofsat site.
WW

Rob van der Does
25-04-13, 13:44
OK, so the problem might be in the way those channel lists are generated by DreamSet.
What if you use any other channel list (ABM or from the feeds)?

twol
25-04-13, 16:17
OK, so the problem might be in the way those channel lists are generated by DreamSet.
What if you use any other channel list (ABM or from the feeds)?
A little bit offf subject, but as an active user of this plugin, obviously interested in the issue - so is there a way of knowing when a plugin has been changed? Is there a history or a date stamp somewhere that would show whether there have been changes since the last problem with this plugin??

Larry-G
25-04-13, 16:36
A little bit offf subject, but as an active user of this plugin, obviously interested in the issue - so is there a way of knowing when a plugin has been changed? Is there a history or a date stamp somewhere that would show whether there have been changes since the last problem with this plugin??

look here.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2openplugin-RemoteChannelStreamConverter

The last time any changes were made to RCSC were 3 months ago.

white_westie
26-04-13, 00:30
Okay, got to the bottom of my problem with RemoteChannelStream plugin.
The version available in the feeds is not the same as the one that's in the OE GIT that Phoenix linked to.
This is based on my assumption that the pkg 'enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert-src' in the vix feeds was used to build the runtime package. The plugin.py in this package is different to the one in the OE GIT, mainly in function parserWork()

I think the difference might go back to some comments Andy made about changes he made in this plugin for ABM earlier this year!
When parsing the bouquets.tv or .radio files, the feeds plugin is looking for a #SERVICE line with some extended parameters
#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.bbbb__tv_.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

The bouquets file I am using has the following format, and this is handled by the non-feed version .
#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:userbouquet.bbbb__tv_.tv

Both style of entry works in the stb for channel changing etc.

As I said earlier I use DreamSet to generate channel lists from KingOfSat, and the bouquets file it generates does not have these extra parameters.
Also, if I create a bouquet on the stb using the menus, the extra parameters are included in the file, but when I read the files from the stb to my pc using DreamSet, the extra parameters are dropped!
Must look at DreamBoxEdit to see what it does.

So does anybody know - what are the extra parameters for, are they optional, or a change to the standard?
They look like parameters used for selects on a database - is the lamedb file accessed using a database api?
Have not been able to find anything on the net so far, describing the bouquets file structure.

So for the moment I am just going to drop the OE source into the Extensions/RemoteChannelStreamConverter folder, and use it.

Rob apologies for wasting your time today, don't think I explained my problem very well - typical end user, tell you nothing, except that its broken.

WW

Rob van der Does
26-04-13, 05:13
Rob apologies for wasting your time today, don't think I explained my problem very well - typical end user, tell you nothing, except that its broken.
Nope, my apologies for not reading your posts correct.

andyblac
26-04-13, 11:07
Okay, got to the bottom of my problem with RemoteChannelStream plugin.
The version available in the feeds is not the same as the one that's in the OE GIT that Phoenix linked to.
This is based on my assumption that the pkg 'enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert-src' in the vix feeds was used to build the runtime package. The plugin.py in this package is different to the one in the OE GIT, mainly in function parserWork()

sorry but, that is totally wrong, the py in the src package HAS to be used to compile the pyo. and further more i have just compared the py in the src ipk to the git and they the same.

So for the moment I am just going to drop the OE source into the Extensions/RemoteChannelStreamConverter folder, and use it.

are you sure you are using ViX feeds ?.

Andy.

white_westie
26-04-13, 13:04
Andy

Just been doing a bit of back tracking here before posting, and you are correct.

I have been looking at the wrong git source

https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-RemoteChannelStreamConverter

and not

I just did a search on the git for RemoteStreamChannelConvert and ended up at the first one.

Really apologise for wasting you time here. :o:o:o

Last questions - which is correct?
Both work, but is the shorter non-standard or something? and is that defined in original dreambox or enigma?

#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.bbbb__tv_.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

Again sorry for time wasting.....

andyblac
27-04-13, 10:36
Andy

Just been doing a bit of back tracking here before posting, and you are correct.

I have been looking at the wrong git source

https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-RemoteChannelStreamConverter

and not

I just did a search on the git for RemoteStreamChannelConvert and ended up at the first one.

Really apologise for wasting you time here. :o:o:o

Last questions - which is correct?
Both work, but is the shorter non-standard or something? and is that defined in original dreambox or enigma?

Again sorry for time wasting.....

not a problem matey, always good to keep me on my toes :D.