PDA

View Full Version : problem with flashing vu+ panel gets stuck on ,starting,

philyb
24-04-13, 13:46
i wanted to update i was on BH 1.7.2 am trying to upgrade to 2.0.2 download files

1. i formatted usb to fat32

2.put folder vuplus-duo-3flies on to usb

3.shut down vu+ with power button

4turened vu+off at back

5. inserted usb into front panel

6. turned vu+ back on

7.front panel of vu+ reads usb

8. it does some stuff for few min on panel

9. panel says 'finished remove usb and reboot'

10. turn power button off and turn it back on

11.it reboots straight away saying 'starting on front panel,

12. noting happens

13.also taken hdmi clabe out and no other usb in back

please can some1 shed some light thank you

car147
24-04-13, 13:51
Strange, I just loaded BH 2.0 a couple of hours a go, carrying out the procedure the same as you did with no issues. Sorry I cannot be of anymore help

philyb
24-04-13, 13:52
yeah really what should happen you do a rebbot after flash

car147
24-04-13, 13:53
A quick thought, try D/L to a different USB, I have seen it mentioned before that some do not seem to work with the DUO

philyb
24-04-13, 13:54
ok i will that a try was thinking that myself thanks

philyb
24-04-13, 14:11
just tryed another usb and no luck and this usb is a fat32 anyways

during the flashing is reading usb than after few minutes its says erase flash for a second than its says programming for a few seconds than back to reading usb

does this sound correct

duoduo
24-04-13, 14:40
try leaving it for 5-10 minutes and see what happens, if you havent updated the box in a while sometimes it takes some time to install all the new updates

Larry-G
24-04-13, 14:48
172 is a fairly old image, try updating the bootloader first then flash the image again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

philyb
24-04-13, 15:52
should the boatloader do the same when i rebot hang on starting

Larry-G
24-04-13, 15:54
should the boatloader do the same when i rebot hang on starting

If 172 is using the older Linux kernel then you must update the bootloader in order to use a newer image, otherwise it will hang on starting as you describe.

You can get the bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk and you flash it first before the image but in exactly the same way via a USB stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

philyb
24-04-13, 16:13
ok thanks this what i have done

1. got bootloder (duo cfe Rev 3.0)
2. installed the same way on usb it just took a sec to flash and msg to come up on panel (please remove usb)
3 turned offed box
4.put next usb in with image and turned on
5. still hagging on start

Larry-G
24-04-13, 16:16
Please don't be offended but I have to ask is it a genuine receiver and not a clone ?.

philyb
24-04-13, 16:19
genuine receiver

Larry-G
24-04-13, 16:22
genuine receiver

Try a slightly older BH image such as 179 to see if that one will load, I'm not sure why but my own Uno does exactly the same thing with the BH 2.0.2 image and I have tried every thing imaginable but it just hangs every time with this image.

philyb
24-04-13, 16:36
yeah to keep trying going to try older version now, need it to work so can watch tv thanks for your help

philyb
24-04-13, 17:46
ok i had to go back to 1.7.2 to get and image to work so it worked from there restored old settings as well.

so do you think thwere is somthing wrong with box that i cant update or am i doing somthing wrong

Larry-G
24-04-13, 17:56
you could try some of the latest images from other teams, to make sure the receiver can load them fine, then again try BH.

as i said my own Uno works great with every ViX image including the very latest build but it simply will not work with the latest BH images, no matter what i try.

philyb
24-04-13, 22:13
we say it is a clone now just for example should the Ferrari images work on them am just thinking of different options, am looking around to see the difference in original and clone

judge
24-04-13, 22:16
well, you can be sure pheonix isn't using a clone & if he had the same issue, it's something else...
Have you tried a current ViX build or any other images?

philyb
24-04-13, 22:26
i tried the lastest Vix 3.0 same happen and same happen today maybe will try agin with older vix image, have the box nearlyer a year and this the first time i did update

judge
24-04-13, 22:29
it does sound like clone issues but hard to say without seeing the box.
how much did it cost you & where did you get it?

judge
24-04-13, 22:32
can you install an original VU+ image?
have a look here & see if it helps you spot if it's a clone.

http://www.vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=37&pagenum=1

judge
24-04-13, 22:32
can you install an original VU+ image?
have a look here & see if it helps you spot if it's a clone.

http://www.vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=37&pagenum=1

philyb
24-04-13, 22:51
cool cheers will have a look at this , i brought it year ago from a guy that sold me my first openbox s9 so this was an upgrade

Larry-G
24-04-13, 22:56
cool cheers will have a look at this , i brought it year ago from a guy that sold me my first openbox s9 so this was an upgrade

I'd seriously look into trying to find out if your receiver is a clone as generally people who sell openboxes ( also clones ) tend to pass off clone Vu's too.

in my situation my Uno is one of the original Demo units Vu shipped to the UK for testing purposed prior to them going on sale, and i know for certain it's a genuine unit.

philyb
24-04-13, 22:59
going to check now when i can i really hope not will be pissed if it is a clone

philyb
24-04-13, 23:16
haven't installed original image

i did the test on vuplus.com with ' return the the love ' from the green button i entered serial number and it came up 'authentication success' so i guess it is not a clone

judge
24-04-13, 23:18
i'd try it on the original image...

philyb
24-04-13, 23:26
will do that when missus finish on tv

i just but in random numbers some number came up 'authentication success' and other invalid number ' so dont no

what would be the best original image to use

philyb
24-04-13, 23:27
does the original vu+ duo has a V2 sticker under the serial number sticker on the back of the box on the left hand side

Lads thank you very much for your help today

judge
24-04-13, 23:54
does the original vu+ duo has a V2 sticker under the serial number sticker on the back of the box on the left hand side

stickers can be placed anywhere, so impossible to tell.
If it was sold to you as an original box, I'd be asking the seller & checking with VU, I'm sure they have images posted of differences on their site.
If it does turn out to be a clone, sorry but we can't offer any help here, even if you were duped into buying it as an original box.

philyb
24-04-13, 23:56
ok cheers for your help today thanks alot

Larry-G
25-04-13, 00:04

if it has A V2 sticker on the receiver then its a clone and wit that we can not help you with it as we do not support clones on this forum.

philyb
25-04-13, 01:04
have installed original image on it 5.9 and doing scan for channel then going to try 7.0

Larry-G
25-04-13, 01:28
no original Vu+ Duo comes with a V1, V2, V3 sticker only clones do so i'm sorry but we cant help any further with this and with that i'll close this thread.