PDA

View Full Version : How do I assign/save favourite channels?? Duo HD, Vix 3.0 + Cross EPG

Osamo1956
23-04-13, 14:15
Hi all,
How do I assign/save favourite channels??
I can't for the life of me work out how to get the Favourites section of CrossEpg populated with favourites of my choice? :confused:
Any clues will be very appreciated.
Thanks.
VU+ Duo HD, Vix 3.0, Cross EPG, Fixed Dish @ 28.2e

Osamo1956
24-04-13, 08:51
I assume that as thereis a "favourite" section in the EPG (...HD Channels, FTA Channels, All Sky UK Channels etc ) there is a way of adding chosen favourites.
Is this a redundant part of the EPG mix for any reason?
If that's the case, I'll be content with the setup as-is. The EPG is Excellent. But would just like to know if I'm missing something obvious.
Cheers again :)

judge
24-04-13, 09:09
You either do it on a computer using a settings editor like DBEdit, have a look in the downloads sections for it...
Or, using the remote, press the up/down circle button, highlight the channel you want to add to favourites, press menu & choose add to bouquet.

Osamo1956
24-04-13, 13:33
CRACKED IT!!!
Here's a 'How-to' for clueless novices like myself:

Adding channels to the ‘Favourites’ bouquet:

1. Ensure you are viewing a channel (any) and not the EPG.
2. Press the ‘up’ arrow on the remote’s central roundel.
3. Press the Blue button.
4. Find a channel you wish to add by opening any of the bouquet folders shown.
Ignore the ‘Favourites’ folder at this stage.
For example:
You might wish to add ‘Animal Planet’. So...
a) Click on the Documentaries Folder.
b) Find Animal Planet but DO NOT press ‘OK’. It should simply be highlighted.
c) Press the remote’s Menu button.
d) Scroll to ‘Add service to bouquet.
e) Scroll down to ‘Favourites’. NOW Press ‘OK’.
To check: Exit all and click EPG as normal. Then use the < > arrow buttons to the left & right of the 0 zero numeral button to find the Favourites bouquet list. You would see Animal Planet listed.
You need to repeat the process for each chosen channel.
However please note that channels shown within Favourites will appear on the list in the order you added them. So, if you’re like me, and prefer to see an alphabetical listing – you need to sit down and write a good old fashioned paper list first.
Once you are viewing your completed Favourites list it will (if you leave it on favourites) reopen to favourites when you next click the EPG button. Including after power off/up.
Remember to save your epg once all your hard work’s done:
Menu / Setup / System / EPG / ‘Load/save’ / Save EPG.

I hope this proves useful to any novices (like me) who have been struggling to understand how it’s done.
COMMENTS/CORRECTIONS/Ideas welcome.

Osamo1956
24-04-13, 14:24
PS: Thanks to Judge for pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers

finko1672
21-08-13, 15:00
Hi you can edit the newly add channels inside your favourites our any channel just the same.Go to your the favourite you want to edit>highlight the channel you want to move(again don't press OK) press menu > enable move mode > it returns to the highlighted channel,now press OK it will light up the channel in red>scroll up/down to where you want it to be and press OK again ,it will be moved.Exit out of this and then return to that channel list again and it'll be where ever you moved it to.Again remember to save as before,Menu>Setup>System>EPG>Load/Save>Save EPG.:thumbsup:

adm
28-09-21, 18:39
PS: Thanks to Judge for pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers

have you seen the Bouquet editor in the Web Interface (Webif) ? You can add/remove channel from Bouquets and can drag/drop to re-order.

ccs
28-09-21, 18:40
..... 8+ year old thread! :)

ronand
28-09-21, 19:00
Looks like sgt-scrote replied in the wrong thread

adm
28-09-21, 22:47
..... 8+ year old thread! :)

I read the forum using "new posts" and this appeared in the new list today.

abu baniaz
28-09-21, 22:54
I have moved the sgt-scrote's post to his own thread