PDA

View Full Version : Duo Stuck on Vix 3.0 Startup Screen.

Osamo1956
23-04-13, 10:59
Hi,
I left a post yesterday saying how pleased I was with my new Duo. I think I tempted fate:
Today on starting the box it gets stuck on the opening vix screen. Then nothing. Remote cant function.
So I powered off for 20 minutes. Restarted. Same thing. Tried this twice to the same effect.

The only thing I can think that 'might' be a cause is that last night I changed the settings so that it went into the deep standby after (I think) 1am.
I'm a total novice. ...and now totally clueless as to what to do.
Hope rescue is at hand. Thanks in advance.

Vix 3.0 VU+ Duo HD.

parma
23-04-13, 11:30
Hi mate had same problem few months back thought I damaged the box but you can easily sort it by reading the thread how to flash a vu duo all you need is a USB stick everything else will linked through the thread you be up and running in minutes

Osamo1956
23-04-13, 12:22
Thanks Parma,
That's my evening project sorted.
I'll post again with the result. Thanks again, much appreciated.

satmanbasil
23-04-13, 13:41
Hi mate

Before you do that make sure you disconnect any usb device then reboot this should unlock the remote problem, if that dont help and you have an internal hdd then unplug that too see if that will free the receiver, reason for vix splash screen could be receiver is not tuned to the right satellite on boot up happens if you have a motor system and had been looking at a different bird before the last power down as it will revert back to previous setting.

Osamo1956
23-04-13, 16:11
Cheers Satmanbasil,
Will do. Thanks for the advice.

Osamo1956
24-04-13, 08:42
Thanks to Parma & Satmanbasil its now alive & well.
Cheers.

profixit
18-08-13, 01:39
Just a word, i had my Duo (Not A Clone) stuck on the splash screen, with VIX logo Spinning, trying to boot. Did a full flash. Sorted, but very time it crashed back to square one, stuck on splash screen. Flashed it again and again. same thing. Flashed the bootloader. All seems to be well.

All this happened when i inserted a Netgaer USB wifi Dongle WNDA3100, "manufacture refurbished" from ebay. the dongle works fine on PC's The duo did not like it one bit.