PDA

View Full Version : Iptv & vix

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 21:35
Have found this Iptv box with Vix image on I thought the Vix image was made for each individual stb or is this something Vix is working on ?. 252442524525246

Larry-G
22-04-13, 21:49
Those images are way too small to be able to see any thing, but as far as i know were not working on any such project.

what box exactly was it ?.

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 21:55
Those images are way too small to be able to see any thing, but as far as i know were not working on any such project.

what box exactly was it ?.

Vix HD Night using Vix 3.o image openbox

Mr. Mister
22-04-13, 21:58
what..????

bigger pic please.. showing it working.. connected to tv..???

Larry-G
22-04-13, 22:00
I know there are ViX images for a few new boxes coming soon as i saw then last time i was over andy's cant say openbox rings any bells though.

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 22:03
what..????

bigger pic please.. showing it working.. connected to tv..???

Have tried to enlarge but it shows Vix Night HD image on sky sports and sky movies with pip top right i thought Vix image was made for each individual stb.

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 22:08
I know there are ViX images for a few new boxes coming soon as i saw then last time i was over andy's cant say openbox rings any bells though.

Will send you the link by pm just in case i should have read the rules :thumbsup:

Larry-G
22-04-13, 22:08
Have tried to enlarge but it shows Vix Night HD image on sky sports and sky movies with pip top right i thought Vix image was made for each individual stb.

We choose which receivers we support on a receiver by receiver basis, and we have images currently for 20 plus receivers even if not all are publicly released. I cant really go into what receivers we will be supporting in the future as thats not my area, so i cant confirm or otherwise a image for this receiver.

Larry-G
22-04-13, 22:25
I followed your link but it looks like its been removed, so I Googled the box, cant say I recognise it so dont know. only andy and sic would be able to answer that but I cant imagine a official ViX image on a iptv box.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Blu-ray
22-04-13, 22:28
what..????

bigger pic please.. showing it working.. connected to tv..??? 252732527425275

Larry-G
22-04-13, 22:42
after looking a little further into this, it looks like this may be a Vu+ solo clone similar to the cloud ibox so it could very well be running a vix solo image and if thats the case it's in no way supported by us.

Larry-G
22-04-13, 22:48
yep definitely a clone, so no there will never be any support from us for this receiver or any other clone.

judge
22-04-13, 22:51
standard ViX screenies, what's the name of the box?

judge
22-04-13, 23:03
yeah, as pheonix says, another shitty clone...
also comes with a recent ViX build but not current.
Will never have support here, I'd avoid it like the plague.

roy0110
22-04-13, 23:33
the screenie shows an update is available, what kind of updates might it get?

judge
22-04-13, 23:45

it might update to current images for now, but it's a clone, built cheaply, fire hazard & little to no support.
for about £40 more, I'd prefer to buy an original box with a proper warranty.

Larry-G
22-04-13, 23:57

none what so ever from us and any user who comes here asking for support may be banned as per the forum rules.

Mr. Mister
23-04-13, 00:49
@ Blu-ray

Please take a screeny of :

Menu > Information > About..

bobby-
23-04-13, 10:14
I must reads the rules.

Blu-ray
23-04-13, 10:27
@ Blu-ray

Please take a screeny of :

Menu > Information > About..

Sent you the link.

Larry-G
23-04-13, 17:25
At the end of the day this is just another cheap piece of crap clone, and it will never receive support of any kind from this forum or the ViX image team. Any person who comes here asking for support will be dealt with as per our existing forum rules.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Blu-ray
23-04-13, 18:11
I don't think anyone on the forum would be stupid enough to buy this crap the thread was started to find out if anyone who manufactures stb boxes can use the Vix image to sell there crap boxes after people like Andy and the team spend hours if not days working on the Vix image.

Rob van der Does
23-04-13, 18:18
The answer to that is 'Yes'.
ViX is open source, so anyone can adapt images for their boxes. One would expect such an 'unofficial' image to be advertised as 'based on......'.

Larry-G
23-04-13, 18:19
I don't think anyone on the forum would be stupid enough to buy this crap the thread was started to find out if anyone who manufactures stb boxes can use the Vix image to sell there crap boxes after people like Andy and the team spend hours if not days working on the Vix image.

The only reason this receiver has a ViX or any other team image on it is because it's basically just a solo clone in another shell. but as rob says they could build a unofficial image if they really wanted to.

joetwizzy
23-04-13, 18:30
Just curious as to what makes something a clone? If it's in a different shell and goes by a different name then why is it a clone? Vu+ are clones of dreamboxes.

Larry-G
23-04-13, 18:51
I'm sorry but that whole Vu+ are clones of dreamboxes theory just does not fly with me, Vu+, TM, Xtrend, Maxdigital, etc etc etc spend fortunes on Research and development where as these clone manufacturers do not. They just copy existing receivers and put them in different shells ( sometimes ), they put nothing what so ever back into the development of new features or products, just reap the benefits of people who dont know any better and buy their crap.

Rob van der Does
23-04-13, 19:17
A clone is a copy. VU and Xtrend (and many others) have made their own design.

Sicilian
23-04-13, 19:22
The openbox you refer too is a clone, not supported here. Thread closed.