PDA

View Full Version : AddStreamUrl

stevenatherton42
22-04-13, 20:30
Hello

I've been looking into IPTV over the last few days, particularly for watching the football. I've found some free IPTV links on the net which I can play with VLC. I've used the addstreamurl plugin to add the working feed to my Favourites bouquet, however, after successfully adding the stream url and going to the Favourites bouquet through the channel guide, there are no channels showing so I can't watch the stream I added.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Rob van der Does
23-04-13, 12:25
Quite a number of streams use codecs that are not supported by the DUO (such as WMV). The result is a black screen.

white_westie
23-04-13, 12:49
Guys

Sorry for butting into this thread, but was experimenting with this last week and came up with black screens same as op.
In there any where you can see or switch something o,n so as to see why a stream fails to load when selected from favourites?

WW

Rob van der Does
23-04-13, 13:29
If you install the plugin 'et-live links' some extra support for streams will be installed.

white_westie
23-04-13, 14:41
Looked at the code for that plugin - all is seems to do is generate a streams bouquet from a web based source.
What I am looking for is to see what happens when I select a '#SERVICE 4097' stream - is there any logging I can look at or switch on?
I suppose the question should really be, where in the image is the support for the 4097 service - is it VIX or PLi or elsewhere?

WW

stevenatherton42
23-04-13, 19:48
Hello, thanks for the replies.

I don't even get as far as a black screen. I add the stream URL to one of the bouquets, but when I go to that bouquet using the TV Guide, I do not see the stream I added anywhere.

If the stream is not supported, will it still be added to the bouquet and accessible through the TV Guide?

Many thanks

white_westie
23-04-13, 21:08
Have reflashed my box to get rid of all the stuff I was messing with, so am doing this from memory.
All the plugin does is prompt you for a bouquet, then prompts for a name, and then prompts for the stream type and then the stream address
What it does under the bonnet is create a line like this in the bouquet that you selected.
#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:<url of stream you entered>:<the name you entered for stream>
When you go to your bouquet you should see a channel with the same name as the stream name you entered.

As Rob said earlier on, you could install the 'et-live links' plugin and it will give you some examples of what it should look like.

stevenatherton42
23-04-13, 21:28
Thanks for the quick reply.

I just don't see any channel with the name I entered in the bouquet I selected. I'm installing et-live links as I type.

white_westie
23-04-13, 21:54
Stupid question, but you did press save (usually green button) when you originally entered your stream....

stevenatherton42
26-04-13, 22:42
Yeah, I'm pretty confident everything saved correctly. Does anyone know how to add a stream url manually?

judge
26-04-13, 22:57
Not sure if this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18783-Guide-to-adding-Non-Satellite-local-radio-stations-to-VU-Xtrend-other-enigma2&p=137680&viewfull=1#post137680) would help, it's about adding online radio streams, might give you some pointers though.