PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] samba time....... please come back after my software upgrade

Double Tap
22-04-13, 17:41
hello i have been suckered in to up grading to the newest image thinking all is ok because i can now restore my settings via my installed internal hard drive but i can no longer see my samba folder on my windows xp machine so i cannot edit the vu duo using notepad++ can you please list all the files to manually copy on to a usb stick please.... (I can see the vuduo using firefox) i have tried turning off the security but still no samba

plus i have tried to use a pen drive with a bootable copy of ubuntu running on my laptop to gain access using putty i input my ip address & i am straight on to my box i input the user name root & then a password is asked for i have never set a password for this vuduo (i know that’s bad from reading on here) i have tried the following defaults 0000 toor passwd just pressing enter etc but no joy.

i am going to flash back to a known good image & restore the box then if some nice chap gives me a list of all the files / locations to backup to a usb i will do that then reflash it back to the newest image & then copy the files back on to the box if i can access it as i cannot at the moment even after a reflash to the newest image & not doing a restore

i did see on this forum a chap had said you could download a plugin for resetting the password but i could not find it sorry if anyone could point me in the right direction as i am still learning about this box & software etc unfortunately i am not up to your speed of 10mins job done

Rob van der Does
22-04-13, 17:52
......but i can no longer see my samba folder on my windows xp ....
Did you install 'Samba'?

Double Tap
22-04-13, 19:11
yes i did install samba i have just gone back to a old version that works ok 2.3.204 & even the volume control works on the remote again yes samba is back & have used notepad++ to edit *** on my xp pc :) i would still like to upgrade to the latest version i need to know what files to backup please :confused: