PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo HD: Please expalin its recording functions/limitations for a total novice

Osamo1956
22-04-13, 17:03
:confused:
Hi all,
As a first-timer this is my first post ...so go easy on me.
I'm now the proud owner of a VU+ Duo HD running Vix 3 + Crossepg + Internal 750GB 7200speed HDD.
I'm astounded at just how good this unit is! Well pleased. Where has it been all my life?
BUT ...I'm totally confused regarding its recording capabilities.
How does the unit fully utilise its 2 x tuners for recording? and what are its realistic recording limitations?
(I have 1 x fixed dish, with both tuners identically set to Simple, Single, 28.2e & DiSEqC No).
I have read that if channels are on the same transponder it's 'theoretically' possible to make a higher number of simultaneous recordings.
From what I can understand, the fact that it has 2 x tuners makes it 'unlikely' that simultaneous conflicts will occur. ...is this true?
Another confusion is that on sooo many forums & threads it talks about avoiding transponder recording conflicts. But, without the TP numbers appearing on the EPG how do I know which channels share TPs? I know there's the Lyngsat site ...but there must be an easier way ...is there? ...hopefully???
All that said ...I might just be being dumb.
Hope someone can help :)
PS: Just been instructed by "She that must be obeyed" to ask whether Channel Numbers (as Sky) can be included within Crossepg. Thanks.

Larry-G
22-04-13, 17:24
Basically you can watch one tv channel while recording any other regardless of what transponders they are on, you can then record other channels providing that they are using the same transponder as the current ones being used by either of the two tuners.

Don't worry you won't need a big list of what transponder holds what, the image it self will Gray out any channel that would cause a conflict.

Try it, set a recording on say Fox HD and another on BBC1 HD, then pull up your channel list, all available channels to watch or record will be selectable all others will be gray and not selectable.

You can still end up with conflicts if you have multiple recordings set for the same times on different transponders, for example if you want to record all the prime time soaps but with a little planning those can be reduced if not removed all together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Osamo1956
22-04-13, 18:18
Thanks Pheonix for the rapid response.
I'll give it a try later this evening.