PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vuo Duo Original Problem, need help?

rafter_01
22-04-13, 15:01
Afternoon,

i've had the vix 2.4 image on the box for quite sometime now. I had RAT's December version of bouquets loaded on the box. Obviously some of the channels stopped working due to me not updating to the latest bouquet released by RAT but one morning the box crashed when i restarted the cam then got stuck on the VIX starting screen. Pressing buttons on the remote did nothing.

So i updated the box with vix 3.0 (i think) and loaded RAT's latest bouquet. Box worked fine for a few days but then when i restarted the cam (coz of some channels showing black screen) it crashed again and got stuck on the loading screen exactly like before.

Reverted back to 2.4 worked for a bit but crashed again.

What could be wrong with my box? Am i doing something obviously wrong?

ur responses will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Larry-G
22-04-13, 15:47
Afternoon,

i've had the vix 2.4 image on the box for quite sometime now. I had RAT's December version of bouquets loaded on the box. Obviously some of the channels stopped working due to me not updating to the latest bouquet released by RAT but one morning the box crashed when i restarted the cam then got stuck on the VIX starting screen. Pressing buttons on the remote did nothing.

So i updated the box with vix 3.0 (i think) and loaded RAT's latest bouquet. Box worked fine for a few days but then when i restarted the cam (coz of some channels showing black screen) it crashed again and got stuck on the loading screen exactly like before.

Reverted back to 2.4 worked for a bit but crashed again.

What could be wrong with my box? Am i doing something obviously wrong?

ur responses will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Have you considered removing rats plugun incase thats the fault ?. Im not saying it is but its worth a try.

Also ViX 2.4 is no longer supported so any issues with that image sadly cant be fixed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mickyblueys
22-04-13, 15:48
This is a common problem with low memory duo's, I have two which on occasions get stuck on boot up, and the remote is lifeless.

This does not however mean that you have to re-flash the image.

Usually you have to put enigma to sleep through telnet: init 4
Switch receiver off from rear of box while telnet session still open.
Leave for a couple of minutes to give time for capacitors to discharge.
Then turn receiver back on.
This usually fixes the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

rafter_01
22-04-13, 15:59
This is a common problem with low memory duo's, I have two which on occasions get stuck on boot up, and the remote is lifeless.

This does not however mean that you have to re-flash the image.

Usually you have to put enigma to sleep through telnet: init 4
Switch receiver off from rear of box while telnet session still open.
Leave for a couple of minutes to give time for capacitors to discharge.
Then turn receiver back on.
This usually fixes the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not entirely sure how i would do this, is there a tut i can follow?

Larry-G
22-04-13, 16:00
Just power the box down fully for 10 minutes it will do exactly the same thing as above.

rafter_01
22-04-13, 16:01
Have you considered removing rats plugun incase thats the fault ?. Im not saying it is but its worth a try.

Also ViX 2.4 is no longer supported so any issues with that image sadly cant be fixed.

I'll try a different bouquet. Would be surprised if this is the potential issue coz RATs bouquet has been working fine.

what bouquet do you use? Can you recommend me a bouquet for 28.2E?

Larry-G
22-04-13, 16:03
I'll try a different bouquet. Would be surprised if this is the potential issue coz RATs bouquet has been working fine.

what bouquet do you use? Can you recommend me a bouquet for 28.2E?

First update to ViX 3.0 then try the built in ABM plugin or download a premade bouquet from the image plugin feeds.

You can get the very latest stable ViX 3.0 image from www.openvix.co.uk

rafter_01
22-04-13, 16:18
First update to ViX 3.0 then try the built in ABM plugin or download a premade bouquet from the image plugin feeds.

You can get the very latest stable ViX 3.0 image from www.openvix.co.uk

ABM plugin, can i edit the bouquet to my preferences? It is easy to sort out channel list to the way i want it?

Moving to VIX 3.0, will i need to install latest bootloader?

Larry-G
22-04-13, 16:20
ABM plugin, can i edit the bouquet to my preferences?

Moving to VIX 3.0, will i need to install latest bootloader?

Usually no but I would just to be sure you habe the latest bootloader installed. ABM follows the official Sky uk numbering system.

rafter_01
22-04-13, 16:28
Usually no but I would just to be sure you habe the latest bootloader installed. ABM follows the official Sky uk numbering system.

thanks Pheonix.

Been a long time since i did this, you got a link to the bootloader for vix 3.0?

Also, can you please let me know how i install the bootloader?

Larry-G
22-04-13, 16:31
thanks Pheonix.

Been a long time since i did this, you got a link to the bootloader for vix 3.0?

Also, can you please let me know how i install the bootloader?

You can get the bootloader from the same place as the image www.openvix.co.uk

The process of flashing the bootloader is exactly the same as flashing a image via USB.

rafter_01
22-04-13, 16:33

The process of flashing the bootloader is exactly the same as flashing a image via USB.

thanks for the info

rafter_01
23-04-13, 08:21

So a quick update,

I've installed the latest bootloader and vix 3.0 image. Used to ABM to sort out my bouquet. So far so good hope it doesnt crash.

I've attached some log files for the crash my box suffered yesterday before i updated with the above. Please have a look at them (not sure if they're the correct ones) and see if you can make something of them.

thanks