PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Setting up CrossEPG using USB

ea.xlns
22-04-13, 13:35
Hi there,

I have a Vu+ Solo and a 256MB USB flash drive. Firstly, is this enough for the long run and how do I go about saving to the USB?

Also, do I need to create a swap file to ensure smooth running?

Thanks

ea.xlns
29-04-13, 11:58
Anyone help?

pooface
29-04-13, 12:05
256mb will probably just about be enough... But over time, it might get too full. Although this depends on how many items you're importing...

I cleared out my crossepg folder on my ultimo last night after reflashing, and this morning, that folder is 53.3mb and the epg.dat is 38.2mb. So, I am already using 91.5mb for epg just over night. However, I do download quite a few different items (6 xepgdb and 1 opentv). Also, on a solo, I would definitely recommend using a swap. I would suggest trying at 64mb, and seeing if it works ok. Also, would only recommend to use 1 epg import (I only import sky uk opentv on my solo). I can't see how much space ultimo usb is using up, as it is currently sleeping :p and I'm at work... But, I have an 8gb usb in there, so have no worries in that area. If I were you, I would use a 1gb+ if possible, but I would say you might just get by with a 256mb...

judge
29-04-13, 12:10
reboot the solo with the USB attached.
when you go to setup EPG, press the < or > buttons to select the USB as location to store to.
other than that, what EPG sources are you needing to use?

ea.xlns
29-04-13, 12:12
OpenTV 28.2 and 13.0. I have been having many issues with this Solo with it freezing and being incredibly slow and this is when I store to external hard drive. I have no idea on what more I can do.

pooface
29-04-13, 12:32
OpenTV 28.2 and 13.0. I have been having many issues with this Solo with it freezing and being incredibly slow and this is when I store to external hard drive. I have no idea on what more I can do.

The solo's are slower machines...

Apart from upgrading to a solo2, you also try enabling the cacheflush extension...

I use my solo daily in the morning for a little while, and I have the box set to come on at 5:30am via power timers, then run the epg download at 5:45 am, and then a deep sleep at 8:30am... Box is usually perfectly fine with this setup. But, I only have the 28.2 crossepg... With the cacheflush enabled, and swap file, I would also suggest doing a daily restart possibly?!

josh_g
29-04-13, 12:33
as its a low memory box do as pooface suggested and create a swap file. will make the box run a lot quicker!!

ea.xlns
29-04-13, 19:02
Thanks for the tips guys. How does one go about setting up cacheflush? Thanks

Also, what are the correct steps to follow in setting up the swap file? I have the hard drive on perm timeshift and save things like picons to hard drive but for some reason the box just behaves incredibly slow...