PDA

View Full Version : quad pushed back to kernel 3.3.6

rossi2000
21-04-13, 18:33
i was just having a peruse of the oe-alliance git as usual and noticed the quad has been pushed back to kernel 3.3.6

can anyone shed any light as to why this is the case? is it more stable than 3.5.1 or something, theres not really much info on the git as to why this change has happened.

marty
21-04-13, 18:38
More chance of getting blood out of a stone than getting info from GB :rolleyes:
I did notice they released new drivers for older kernel

rossi2000
21-04-13, 18:41
ahh i thought it was andy who pushed the changes so i thought vix may know why its been pushed back to 3.3.6 but it was actually aafcaptain who puished the changes.

those new drivers are dated the same as the previous ones only just for 3.3.6 kernel.

i would like rid of my quad but i cant find a suitable replacement yet, with 2 x dvb-s2 tuners and a cable tuner.

marty
21-04-13, 18:50
i would like rid of my quad but i cant find a suitable replacement yet, with 2 x dvb-s2 tuners and a cable tuner.

I'm happy with mine, but having said that I wouldn't buy GB ever again.
Personally I feel really pissed off over the GBLAN that never happened :mad:
At 1st it didn't put me up nor down as I was using 11N wifi at the time but since upgrading my whole home network to GBLAN I'm noticing the difference :smash:
I will keep with it for now but it WILL be replaced as soon as I can afford a DUO2 when they are available.

marty
22-05-13, 12:15
i was just having a peruse of the oe-alliance git as usual and noticed the quad has been pushed back to kernel 3.3.6

can anyone shed any light as to why this is the case? is it more stable than 3.5.1 or something, theres not really much info on the git as to why this change has happened.

They are bringing out 3.8.3 for the Quad (apparently)