PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

TheRookie
20-04-13, 21:58
Hi,

As you can see from the nickname I am sort of a newbie to the sat scene. The "sort of" part means that I wasn't around when people were playing with Dboxes and such :)

I am mostly into tinkerable (is that a word?) Linux receivers such as DM and TM but prefer E1 boxes for some weird reason... Recently two of my TM boxes (9100 and 9101) died and DM500 started to misbehave (reboot loops and such) so I need to refresh my knowledge of what is available on the market now. Hope this place is good for this sort of info.:)

My interests in satellite boxes is mostly in FTA stuff + DLNA/UPnP AV, etc. Totally disinterested in things-no-one-dares-to-mention. In short, the goal is to make a good, reliable and maintenance-free (well... to some extent) setup with high WAF.

So here I am stepping into your halls of wisdom with a long list of questions waited to be answered... but I'll be sensible and try to use the "search" button first, promise! :D

TR

Stanman
20-04-13, 22:01
Thast the longest intro in a while:)

:welcome: aboard WOS and no doubt you will enjoy your stay

TheRookie
20-04-13, 22:19
wait before I started to ask questions - wonder how many tl;dr responses I'll get :)

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me aboard :)

Larry-G
22-04-13, 15:59
wait before I started to ask questions - wonder how many tl;dr responses I'll get :)

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me aboard :)

Welcome to WoS and I have to admit a certain fondness for E1 as well. ( still have my almost 10 year old DM 7020si ), sadly though E1 is just not upto it anymore and development has pretty much ended for this platform now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2