PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Red light, In the morning.

DeGea468
20-04-13, 15:35
Hello,

When i put the Uno into standby (Date and time on display) some mornings the display would be blank and there would be a red light. I press the STB button on the remote and the Uno will try to boot up, which is usually unsuccessful and i have to repeat till it boots properly.

What happens is, the Uno will boot up until the space/winter wallpaper then it will shutdown to the red light. then i press the STB button again and it will attempt to boot up again, sometimes it will do this several times other times it works after 1-3 tries.

When i know it will boot properly is when it get to the space/winter wallpaper the spinner will show in the top left hand corner, I think it has something to do with the HDD maybe? As i don't really hear it till the spinner pops up. but then again maybe i'm not meant to hear before the spinner.

Any ideas? why the Uno switches to the red light and struggles to boot up properly.

Some mornings it's fine, there doesn't seem to be any pattern that i can see.

judge
20-04-13, 16:12
enable debug logs & upload one the next time it happens so someone can see what's happening.

DeGea468
20-04-13, 16:50
I already have that option enabled, I checked where my logs are saved and i found 4.

I have zipped them up in a .rar file because 2 of them exceed the 4MB limit for a .log file. The most recent log, dated 18th is 10MB :eek:... which i think is huge for a log file?

I have a look at them and 3 of them have the text 'startcodebroken' repeated 100s maybe even 1000s of times in a row... maybe this is the problem?

DeGea468
26-04-13, 16:37
Any of the ViX Team able to figure out whats wrong???

andyblac
27-04-13, 00:44
I already have that option enabled, I checked where my logs are saved and i found 4.

I have zipped them up in a .rar file because 2 of them exceed the 4MB limit for a .log file. The most recent log, dated 18th is 10MB :eek:... which i think is huge for a log file?

I have a look at them and 3 of them have the text 'startcodebroken' repeated 100s maybe even 1000s of times in a row... maybe this is the problem?

'startcodebroken' is a common error in drivers, nothing to worry about.

DeGea468
27-04-13, 19:35
Okay then, If that's not the problem were you able to see anything else in the logs that could indicate why my receiver behaves the way it does some morning after it's been in standby?

abtv
17-05-13, 11:27
Hello
I have the same problem with my uno, I can not find a boot loader file, someone would have a solution??
thank you:thumbsup:

Larry-G
17-05-13, 11:30
Hello
I have the same problem with my uno, I can not find a boot loader file, someone would have a solution??
thank you:thumbsup:

There is no bootloader update available for the Uno, only the Solo and Duo have had updates to their bootloaders.

DeGea468
21-05-13, 15:14
Since my last post i haven't experienced this issue so maybe one of the updates since then has fixed it!