PDA

View Full Version : Remote channel stream converter

deckymckeown
20-04-13, 13:21
I read a few posts on here and tried this function out on the latest back hole image and it really is a great feature of these amazing receivers!!

Basically my duo in the main room is connected to a motorised dish. I can then use the remote channel stream function on my solo in another room, and i can remote see my channel list from the duo and stream a channel from one of the tuners on my duo perfectly to my solo. Basically then I can bring my solo into any room of the house, without the need for a sat feed even!!

One issue I've noticed though. When I begin steaming to the solo, my duo behaves as if it's recording (i.e 1 tuner is occupied and 1 is a available).

I then can't change the satellite on my duo unless I turn off the solo and reboot the duo so that both tuners become available. Is there a way of "killing" what's going on with the second tuner by a telnet command for example rather than having to restart all the time?

I have also tried going to the timer in the menu as u would do to stop a recording but there is nothing showing when it's streaming to the solo

Larry-G
20-04-13, 13:33
One issue I've noticed though. When I begin steaming to the solo, my duo behaves as if it's recording (i.e 1 tuner is occupied and 1 is a available).

Thats exactly what it's supposed to do as your essentially removing that tuner from use on the host receiver during the streaming process in the same way as a recording would.

Rob van der Does
20-04-13, 13:36
A stream is handled by a box just the same as a recording. And of course streaming a channel will occupy a tuner; how else do you expect a channel to be viewable?
This means that, depending on your LNB-setup and actual recordings, streams and live-TV, the use of the DUO may be somewhat limited.
And indeed: as streaming is no recording, no recording will show up in the timerlist.

So I fail to see any problem in your story.

Larry-G
20-04-13, 13:40
I'm not sure as i have not used RSCP in a while but once the stream has been ended does the host receiver regain full use of the "borrowed" tuner strait away or does the host need to be rebooted ??.

as i said it's been a while since i used it.

deckymckeown
20-04-13, 13:43
A stream is handled by a box just the same as a recording. And of course streaming a channel will occupy a tuner; how else do you expect a channel to be viewable?
This means that, depending on your LNB-setup and actual recordings, streams and live-TV, the use of the DUO may be somewhat limited.
And indeed: as streaming is no recording, no recording will show up in the timerlist.

So I fail to see any problem in your story.

Thanks for ur reply Rob, and yes I knew that the tuner is occupied during this process as I had referred to it in my original post. My question is, is there a way that I can "kill" the process of the tuner on my duo being streamed to my solo. Turning off my solo doesn't kill it as when I go to main room I still can't change the satellite on my duo as it shows up as its still occupied (streaming) even though the solo is off

Rob van der Does
20-04-13, 13:45
I'm not sure as i have not used RSCP in a while but once the stream has been ended does the host receiver regain full use of the "borrowed" tuner strait away or does the host need to be rebooted ??.
I use the remote streams very often.
As soon as the client stops asking for a stream, the server-tuner is free again.

deckymckeown
20-04-13, 13:52
I use the remote streams very often.
As soon as the client stops asking for a stream, the server-tuner is free again.

If only it would work for me mate then I wouldnt be posting with this issue :p

And I take it ur using it with the latest black hole image? Strange that it's not working in the same way for me, and I've def no other timers etc set...

Larry-G
20-04-13, 13:58
no mate he's using ViX not BH.

how are you ending the stream ? have you tried to change the channel on the server box so that it's no longer requesting one from the host then powerdown ?.

deckymckeown
20-04-13, 14:02
no mate he's using ViX not BH.

how are you ending the stream ? have you tried to change the channel on the server box so that it's no longer requesting one from the host then powerdown ?.

Lol yeah sorry, I should've known that, but i didn't realise that function was on the vix image- apologies

Yeah mate I change the channel on the solo so it's using it's own tuner, go back to the duo and the red light is flashing at the left side where the picon is, then if i go to the channel list to try select another satellite the channel list is greyed out (on the duo)

Rob van der Does
20-04-13, 14:54
Yep, sorry I'm using ViX (on which I can't replicate any problem in this area)............

Larry-G
20-04-13, 15:23
In that case i'd suggest the OP contact the BH team to see if they can ascertain why the tuner is not restored back to the host receiver when a stream is ended on the client receiver.