PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Tune failed ( very basic user )

drummer2013
20-04-13, 11:23
Hi Guys
Im totally new to this so please forgive the basic questions.
I have a VU+ duo with Vix installed.
I got my channels working and all seemed fine.
However sometimes i get tune failed on some channels.
It only seems to resolve itself after a reboot.
This is probably very basic,
Can someone please give me an idea what the issue might be.
I dont think its satellite position as channels usually work

satmanbasil
20-04-13, 13:17
Hi Mate

Ok you should only see tuner failed message if you select a channel that your dish is not pointing at or the transponder has been changed normally the broadcasters chop and change transponders so if you satellite xml is old you will get these messages more often. If you check out the forum you can keep up to date with transponder / channel changes, I normally try to update once a month if possible.

Another message your see cant remember the exact message relates to a channel thats not broadcasting at the time.

The problem you mention are you saying for instant you select BBC1 and you get the message but after reboot it opens the channel ? is it happening on FTA or encrypted channels and do you have your own card or cs.

For starter i would make sure your settings are bang up to date and see where you go from there otherwise check your cable connections are tight and if your using only one input make sure the B tuner is looped to A tuner.

Larry-G
20-04-13, 13:43
another thing to consider is, is your receiver a genuine VU+ receiver and not a Chinese clone ?. i ask because this is a very well known problem with clones due to the way they hacked the Vu+ security measures.