PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] plugins option

skinnymat
19-04-13, 22:23
When i go into main menu there is no Plugins option being shown. Do I have to turn it on somewhere or do i need to reflash the box?

Larry-G
19-04-13, 22:41
which exact image and build version ?, the plugins option should be clearly visible in the main menu, if its not then some thing has corrupted. i would advise a reflash.

skinnymat
19-04-13, 22:47
Thanks for the reply. It is the latest version on a box supplied by WOS. I thought it may be corrupted. I will just reflash the image again. Is there a way to do this without having to scan for all the channels again which takes up a fair bit of time.

Larry-G
19-04-13, 22:52
you can download a premade channels bouquet pack from the image plugin feeds, or setup the inbuilt ABM = AutoBouquetsMaker plugin to automate the process for sky uk etc.

menu> setup> service searching> autobouquetsmaker.

skinnymat
19-04-13, 23:09
I cant download from the image plugins feed as the is no plugin option on the main menu. What i meant was is there a way to flash the box again to get the plugins option back on and then load the channels without doing a full tuner scan or do i not need to rescan after a flash. Hope this makes sense lol

Larry-G
19-04-13, 23:14
you can get the image from www.openvix.co.uk once flashed you can use the feeds or ABM as i said above.

have a read of this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

judge
19-04-13, 23:36
you could also try making a settings back-up before you reflash.
this will restore your channel listings, but may also restore other corruptions you have...
also, 'the latest version on a box supplied by WOS' really means nothing as the box could have been bought anytime...
Menu -> Information -> About will show you your current build number, this information is much handier when reporting any issues.

If it's an older build that you can't or it's not recommended to restore from, you can always back up your channel lists using something like DBEdit on your PC.
Also, as pheonix points out, the inbuilt ABM could recreate channel lists in under a minute after a fresh flash depending on the ones you need.