PDA

View Full Version : Vix 1.1 and EPG update - crashes

Stanman
03-10-10, 15:45
Every type I go blue button and crossepg downloader, the box crashes.

andyblac
03-10-10, 18:48
Every type I go blue button and crossepg downloader, the box crashes.

you have to RE-SETUP the settings :)
[CrossEPG_Config] [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/crossepg/crossepg.config'
[CrossEPG_Config] [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/crossepg/crossepg.config'

Stanman
03-10-10, 18:53
please explain, marginally above a noob here!
When I installed the image the EPG was sorted I did not have to do anything extra.

Sicilian
03-10-10, 21:42
Go back into VIX menu > Crossepg and set your settings. Disable if your using RyVIX EPG.

Stanman
03-10-10, 21:45
Go back into VIX menu > Crossepg and set your settings. Disable if your using RyVIX EPG.

Do I have to select a provider and which one is best? for 28.2 there is Rytek and OPEN TV can I install satmate and how?
When I first installed the image had everything already set up

andyblac
04-10-10, 09:34
Do I have to select a provider and which one is best? for 28.2 there is Rytek and OPEN TV can I install satmate and how?
When I first installed the image had everything already set up

if your using 28.2 (sly), then just select OpenTV 28.2, and it will be better than satmate, i worked the the guy who created the plugin to fix some bugs in it, like a not complete epg, and a blank pace in the title. it is what i use now for 28.2, rytec's is bad for me because the description change for the same program (he adds [R] on he end to say it is a repeat on some) and thus the autotimer picks it up as a unique program and you get 2 recording of the same program.

andy.

Stanman
04-10-10, 19:11
if your using 28.2 (sly), then just select OpenTV 28.2, and it will be better than satmate, i worked the the guy who created the plugin to fix some bugs in it, like a not complete epg, and a blank pace in the title. it is what i use now for 28.2, rytec's is bad for me because the description change for the same program (he adds [R] on he end to say it is a repeat on some) and thus the autotimer picks it up as a unique program and you get 2 recording of the same program.

andy.

Thanks mate. I will revert back to crossepg and OPENTV - thats the right way to enable it? I did have CEPG set up with RYtec XML but it took bloody long time to deflate and parse so I couldn't be arsed.:) with it.

Also How do you prevent AutoTimer from recording repeats - as an example King Of Queens on comedy is repeated and when I come home I have 4 - 6 recordings out of which only two or 3 tend to be new the others are repeat of the other recordings, like wise with Criminal Minds on Living.

Stanman
04-10-10, 21:07
Hi Andy,
Have open TV enabled now on 28.2E and downloaded the EPG but its got errors, if you go to BBC and next SAT 7/10 at 20.30 it has QI bu than 21;00 it has New Tricks and 21.30 Casualty, New Tricks should not be there, have I done somehting wrong:

I did CrossEPG and than loc USB and OpenTC 28.2E

pooface
04-10-10, 22:04
Saturday is the 9th October. 7th October is the Thursday...

And I have no idea where you get QI from...

My epg data is showing the correct info perfectly fine...

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2226

Stanman
05-10-10, 18:43
Mine is now as well but it diff had new tricks before Casualty