PDA

View Full Version : Unicable

DogsDinner
18-04-13, 12:56
Would I be able to run the twin tuner from a UNICABLE system? :cool: thanks!

pooface
28-04-13, 17:20
No idea... But, I'd be interested to find out the answer to this myself...

Looking at possibly purchasing the following, to replace twin tuner on my current motor:

http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=159&PHPSESSID=fdb36a286ab88512cbfa776e1fb9665e&cat=66

Would then give me ability of 5 cables, rather than the current 2 I have (assuming all boxes are capable of unicable)...

Be interested to know if anyone has any experience on above lnb/unicable and e2 boxes...

pooface
28-04-13, 17:30
Looking a bit further in e2 settings, under tuner settings advance, you can set unicable lnb... But, it does look quite complicated:

Dunno whether they can be setup with a motor though?! As couldn't see where to make the changes for usals etc...

Rob van der Does
28-04-13, 17:55
Would I be able to run the twin tuner from a UNICABLE system? :cool: thanks!
A Unicable LNB you mean? Then the answer is yes: one Unicable LNB is able to feed 4 tuners.
I have one laying somewhere: I'll try to find it from under the dust and give it a try (I never used it on an E2-receiver).

pooface
28-04-13, 18:02
A Unicable LNB you mean? Then the answer is yes: one Unicable LNB is able to feed 4 tuners.
I have one laying somewhere: I'll try to find it from under the dust and give it a try (I never used it on an E2-receiver).

Would be really interested to see if you can get it working well on a motor... I'm guessing that might need to use the legacy lnb connection to the motor, and have this set up as usals on the tuner config, then set up the other lnbs as unicable...

But, if you can get it tested, that'd be great :) As thinking of going down this route myself...

Rob van der Does
29-04-13, 14:56
Would be really interested to see if you can get it working well on a motor... I'm guessing that might need to use the legacy lnb connection to the motor, and have this set up as usals on the tuner config, then set up the other lnbs as unicable...

But, if you can get it tested, that'd be great :) As thinking of going down this route myself...
Not found the LNB yet, so not tested, but just brainstorming:
If used as motorised LNB, I would use the Unicable output to connect to the motor. Then the same as normal: the tuner that gets the feed set to USALS, the second tuner (of the same box) set to loop through. And of course both tuners set to Unicable on a different frequency.
Edit: This way the box knows which tuner controls the motor, while both tuners have all transponders on the selected satellite available.

Huevos
01-05-13, 22:24
I can't see how you can do it. Configuration mode "second cable of motorised LNB" does not have an option to select which channel a Unicable LNB will operate in. As far as I see it the only options for selecting a Unicable channel are in the advanced configuration mode, and in advanced it is not possible to set a passive feed.

Rob van der Does
02-05-13, 06:12
Yep, you're correct. Then I have no idea how to tell the box that one tuner should command the motor and the other tuner can look at the same satellite.

Huevos
02-05-13, 09:20
couldn't see where to make the changes for usals etc...Change DiSEqC mode to 1.2 and all the motor options will appear.

TBH, I think a better option would just be a minidish on 28E and keep your motorised completely separate. If for some reason you can't have a second dish, a mini is pretty easy to hide.

Rob van der Does
02-05-13, 09:38
Change DiSEqC mode to 1.2 and all the motor options will appear.
Yes, but not an option for a second/third tuner.

TBH, I think a better option would just be a minidish on 28E and keep your motorised completely separate. If for some reason you can't have a second dish, a mini is pretty easy to hide.
Indeed.

pooface
02-05-13, 17:04

Yup, that was preferred option, but swmbo will not let me... Point blank refused!!! :( Grrrr :mad:

Rob van der Does
02-05-13, 17:58
..... swmbo ...
'swmbo' :confused:

And a hided 30-40cm dish?

pooface
02-05-13, 18:43
'swmbo' :confused:

And a hided 30-40cm dish?

she who must be obeyed...

And, he exact words were "no chance" (along with a few other words I can't remember exactly, but a few swear words were included in there!). I do fancy the idea of taking two spare outputs from next doors dish, but don't think they would be up for that, and she will probably still moan that I've made the house look ugly putting the cable round the house!!!

Rob van der Does
02-05-13, 18:56
And, he exact words were "no chance" (along with a few other words I can't remember exactly, but a few swear words were included in there!). .....
Hehe, your wife being French: no chance you misunderstood here? :D

pooface
02-05-13, 19:08
Hehe, your wife being French: no chance you misunderstood here? :D

lol, I wish... That's why I was contemplating the unicable lnb ... saves me having to even put another cable run on the outside of the house! hehe

Larry-G
03-05-13, 10:37
she who must be obeyed...

And, he exact words were "no chance" (along with a few other words I can't remember exactly, but a few swear words were included in there!). I do fancy the idea of taking two spare outputs from next doors dish, but don't think they would be up for that, and she will probably still moan that I've made the house look ugly putting the cable round the house!!!

LMAO. Ill take a few snaps of my cable runs when I get back in. If she's not up for more cables shes gona hate my setup.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
03-05-13, 11:53
LMAO. Ill take a few snaps of my cable runs when I get back in. If she's not up for more cables shes gona hate my setup.

Here's a few snaps of my dishes and cable runs.

s31teg
10-05-13, 20:52
you can never had too many feeds

pooface
10-05-13, 20:56
Here's a few snaps of my dishes and cable runs.

Now, that's a thing of ugly beauty :D :p Thing is, if I show her them, she'll just moan saying summat like "well if they wanna do that to their house, good for them, but you're not doing it to my house" or words to that effect! lol

you can never had too many feeds

No point telling that to me, it's me missus you need to convince :p

s31teg
10-05-13, 21:03
No point telling that to me, it's me missus you need to convince :p

just lash another one up when shes out, then she will never know :) :mad:

pooface
10-05-13, 21:46
just lash another one up when shes out, then she will never know :) :mad:

lol, Ive tried that with other things in the past ... She's just thrown them away! In fact, I think she even mentioned to me about not getting anything up whilst she's not around, otherwsie she will get it taken down!!! lol Women :mad: :sofahide:

Larry-G
10-05-13, 22:01
lol, Ive tried that with other things in the past ... She's just thrown them away! In fact, I think she even mentioned to me about not getting anything up whilst she's not around, otherwsie she will get it taken down!!! lol Women :mad: :sofahide:

Lol you've got a rite fire cracker there mate, id be wary about going to sleep in case you wake up with your bits cut off and left on your pillow.

pooface
10-05-13, 22:38
Lol you've got a rite fire cracker there mate, id be wary about going to sleep in case you wake up with your bits cut off and left on your pillow.

lmao... Definitely not showing that, will give her ideas :p :D

Larry-G
10-05-13, 22:45
lmao... Definitely not showing that, will give her ideas :p :D

spare a thought for me mate, my other half knows where i keep my knives, swords and guns :eek: :eek:

Huevos
11-05-13, 20:37
just lash another one up when shes outI put my 180cm dish up while my missus was out shopping.

BTW, have you thought of not putting the dish on the house? Plenty of places to hide a minidish.

pooface
11-05-13, 23:42
I put my 180cm dish up while my missus was out shopping.

BTW, have you thought of not putting the dish on the house? Plenty of places to hide a minidish.

Hmmm, now that's a good idea... But then I'm sure she'll spot the wiring... Now, if only they could invent wireless lnb connections ;)

Huevos
12-05-13, 00:02
I didn't mean hide it from her. Just a stealth install might be acceptable. I do quite a few installs where dishes are not allowed. Minidish is pretty easy, just need to put it somewhere unexpected. For example, ground level, on a shed, or even 10 foot up a tree. Or really low down on a flat roof so it can't be seen from the ground.

pooface
12-05-13, 00:10
I didn't mean hide it from her. Just a stealth install might be acceptable. I do quite a few installs where dishes are not allowed. Minidish is pretty easy, just need to put it somewhere unexpected. For example, ground level, on a shed, or even 10 foot up a tree. Or really low down on a flat roof so it can't be seen from the ground.

Trust me, needs to be hidden from her ;) She hates the looks of the cable round the house! As it is currently, the cable going from the dish at the back to the upstairs you cannot see virtually, and she still moaned about it!!!

I think I'm resigned to not getting another dish :( (Although I am hoping on getting further feeds by changing lnb. would like to ask next door if I can take a couple of feeds off their sky dish, as it's virtually right next door to where I want it to come in to the living room, but I've a feeling they'll probably be stuck up and not want us to take the feeds off them for some reason!!! lol)

Rob van der Does
12-05-13, 08:56
Can we help by writing a petition stating that you will loose your job as betatester if no extra feeds will be available within a week or so :eek:

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 16:22
I can't see how you can do it. Configuration mode "second cable of motorised LNB" does not have an option to select which channel a Unicable LNB will operate in. As far as I see it the only options for selecting a Unicable channel are in the advanced configuration mode, and in advanced it is not possible to set a passive feed.
This turns out to be very easy though: the tuner that is looped-through should be set up as in the attached screenshot.

Huevos
02-06-13, 01:29
Have you tried your LNB out yet Rob?

Rob van der Does
02-06-13, 05:51
Hehe, sorry, not yet.

londonnuta
25-11-16, 00:33
Hi,
Does anyone have the tuner A and Tuner B setting for unicable setup. I prefer to do it without splitter if possible?

Huevos
25-11-16, 08:59
What receiver? What LNB?

Rob van der Does
25-11-16, 17:37
Have you tried your LNB out yet Rob?

Hehe, sorry, not yet.
Old thread. I'm using my good old Inverto IDLP-40UNIQD+S since a couple of month and all is fine (only the VU's dual tuners have issues with it, all other boxes/tuners are fine).