PDA

View Full Version : Tm twin loop-through

kendo75
18-04-13, 08:35
Hi guys got a strange one for you,got my tm twin beginning of the week followed set up guide flashed with latest vix and everything's working as it should,now I took the feed from the loop and connected to another box and set tuner b as priority tuner,still all ok other box working fine,after a few minutes the other box says no signal,I've changed the cables etc etc and still nothing,if I reboot the tm twin whilst it's booting I get signal to my other box but as soon as it finishes it's boot sequence I lose signal again any ideas? Is there anything in the settings for the lnb loop as I've looked and can't find anything.
Thanks

josh_g
18-04-13, 08:49
i think, but don't quote me on this that you need to set tuner A as priority and tuner B as loop through.. i could be wrong and im sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer this soon

kendo75
18-04-13, 09:32
Setting tuner a to priority is not a problem but I can't find a setting to choose which tuner loops unless there isn't one

josh_g
18-04-13, 09:55
in that case i cant tell you as unfortunately im not by my box :(

Larry-G
18-04-13, 13:00
if using loop out to a another receiver you generally have to place the first receiver into standby or deep standby so that it can pass the signal through to the second receiver, you cant use both receivers at the same time when using loop out / loop through.

kendo75
18-04-13, 19:53
Your correct phoenix if I have both receivers on at the same time I only get a few channels on the 2nd but when I put
1st receiver on standby I get all channels. It's a shame really as I thought that if I set tuner b as priority then I would be able to run them both at the same time. That'll have to do at the moment as I'm physically unable to run an extra feed as I'm on a communal dish

Thanks for the help guys

abu baniaz
18-04-13, 20:01
Have you tried setting tuner A as "not configured"?

As posted on another forum, you will be restricted to same TP/quadrant/frequency as being used on the tuner being lopped out.

Larry-G
18-04-13, 21:12
No it does not work like that.

While the tuners are somewhat independent of each other they are still controlled by the first receiver, so to get the signal to loop out properly you would still need to place the first box into deep standby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

abu baniaz
18-04-13, 22:56
The loop out on the TM Twin is not software based. I am afraid it does work like that, I have just tried it.

With the TM Twin using Tuner B, I had independent usage of the looped out signal. I had to perform a reboot to effect changes in tuner preferance. Tuner A was not disabled.

kendo75
19-04-13, 10:23
Abu can you explain exactly how you had tuner a and b configured.
Thanks

abu baniaz
20-04-13, 15:12
For your purposes, my tuner setup is as below. Possibly not the proper way of doing things, but works.

Stage 1, A= Not configured, B = Motorised. Preferred tuner = B. (Need restart for preferance to kick in).
Stage 2 (after reboot). A= Static 28.2, B = Motorised. Preferred tuner = B. Loop out to second receiver not restricted as tuner A is not being used unless required.

Larry-G
20-04-13, 15:19
personally that in my opinion kind of defeats the object of loopthrough in the first place, as now your removing the second tuner from use of it's own receiver. in this situation it would be best to just bypass the first receiver all together and put the feed directly into the second receiver you can then still use 1 feed on the twin and internally loop the signal to it's second tuner.

Larry-G
20-04-13, 15:21
personally that in my opinion kind of defeats the object of loopthrough in the first place, i also doubt you would have full use of the tuner in the second receiver but as i have not tested this i cant say for certain.

abu baniaz
20-04-13, 17:26
Second tuner, first actually, is available to primary receiver.

Second receiver is restricted only when primary receiver is using both tuners.

Only disabled it prior to reboot.