PDA

View Full Version : Satellite recordings network Sharing

Paul41
17-04-13, 19:44
This is possibly more an network question but I'm wondering if the following is possible.

Currently I have in main room my VU Duo with large harddrive and many recordings. I would like to have another satellite box in another room and be able to access the recordings from my duo in the main room. Is this possible?

Possibly I would need to build a server which has access to hdd on duo and pulls the recordings onto another drive which can be shared? Anyone done something like this?

judge
17-04-13, 19:58
yes, sharing your Duo HDD is quite easy if everything is on the same network....

Paul41
17-04-13, 20:13
Yes all on same network. I'm using vix image. So would there be some add on required for this?

judge
17-04-13, 20:15
if you're using VIX on both boxes, just enable NFS or Samba, then from the network browser, just mount the hdd on the other box.

Paul41
17-04-13, 22:59
I see so they can both share the same hard drive to record! That's brilliant!

In that case for a second box do you know of any cheap sat Linux box capable of loading vix image? I don't see the need for as good a box as my main duo in spare room? Any ideas?

Larry-G
18-04-13, 06:00
I see so they can both share the same hard drive to record! That's brilliant!

In that case for a second box do you know of any cheap sat Linux box capable of loading vix image? I don't see the need for as good a box as my main duo in spare room? Any ideas?

Look towards the xp1000 from the sponsor. This is a cheap but respectable E2 receiver and is fully supported by the ViX image and team.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2