PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Lose settings if unexpected power cut ? but ok if put on deep standby !

uscool
17-04-13, 17:06
Hi, i have latest vusolo-3.0.649 on Vu Solo, i found out, when i had a power cut , the image would lose its settings i had, like epg i have rytec_uk as sources but it loses setting, also cam is unticked and not active when it was set on autostart, I thought it was just one off, so did a test, if i pull out plug and repower it loses the settings, if put on deep standby , its fine no settings lost , i tried blackhole to check if same but blackhole retains saved settings even if plug is just pulled out, its not a big deal, but if have power-cut or it crashes which is doesn't as vix 3.0 is very stable, but it can, then it loses settings, any solution this stop happening , it also happened to my Vu Ultimo which is also on latest build of vix 3.0

Thanks

Larry-G
17-04-13, 17:17
as has been pointed out many times before, things like EPG data are held in a cached state in live memory. if you abruptly loose power as in the case of a power cut this cached data will be wiped, if however you use the deep standby option to properly shut the receiver down it will first save this cached data to the relevant storage device as it is supposed to.

uscool
17-04-13, 17:36
as has been pointed out many times before, things like EPG data are held in a cached state in live memory. if you abruptly loose power as in the case of a power cut this cached data will be wiped, if however you use the deep standby option to properly shut the receiver down it will first save this cached data to the relevant storage device as it is supposed to.

Hi, i didnt mean epg downloaded data i know that, i meant settings like i have it ticked on rytec_uk and on auto set so downloaded the epg data on chosen time i set, i use xmltv-importer, with rytec_uk ticked and have it enabled for auto download time, when power is lost without properly shutting down all these settings are lost, i also have ondemand as preferred HD stream, that goes back to default SD, and cams which was ticked for autostart and active, get unticked and not active

i always when needing to shut down, i use deep standby , but rare occasions when power cut or crash/ freeze , have to redo the settings i had, i tried blackhole image and that seems to hold its settings even when not shutdown properly, will try older build of vix 3.0 see if any can retain settings

Thanks

Rob van der Does
17-04-13, 17:45
All settings should be kept. On changing settings they are stored in the file etc/enigma2/settings as soon as you leave the menu. So after a rude power outage all settings should still be in place. And indeed: cached data, such as EPG, will be lost.

Of course it is possible that the power-outage took place at exactly the moment the settings file was being written; in that case the file may have become corrupted. Very unlikely though.

judge
17-04-13, 17:47
Try rebooting the reciever after you set up those settings.

uscool
17-04-13, 18:21
Try rebooting the reciever after you set up those settings.

Hi, think that's sorted it, have tested now around 3 times and it kept settings, thanks for that, so now i dont know, if every time i change settings its best to restart after ? , to be safe from losing settings if from freeze / crash or power cut

Thanks

Rob van der Does
17-04-13, 21:26
...... so now i dont know, if every time i change settings its best to restart after ? , to be safe from losing settings if from freeze / crash or power cut
No, as I said above: changed settings are being saved at the moment you exit the menu.