PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] RED light, wont boot

chris16v
17-04-13, 11:56
V3.0
vu+Solo

switching on my TV this morning i found a blank screen.
The LED light on the solo was displaying red, so i switched it off at the wall and back on but the box doesnt boot up. The box would have run a reboot and crossEPG overnight and thats it.
The LED is still red, and it doesnt change to blue
Any ideas how i can troubleshoot this cos if it doesnt boot up, cos i am thinking to flash it back to the base image.

thanks

Silent
17-04-13, 12:55
Every time I've had this I've:

- Flashed
- FTP to get my latest backup
- Flashed latest backup

judge
17-04-13, 13:02
I've never had a non booting Solo.
Is it an original box?

maybe leave it plugged out for 20 minutes & try a reflash...

chris16v
17-04-13, 13:46
yeah its origional and i bought 2 of them together. Its been fine for months so this is a bit strange.
i havent actually kept an up to date backup so i am gonna revert to a base image backup that i kept when i first built them.

although thats taught me to keep periodic backups. what backup strategy is popular out there? recurring cron job?

judge
17-04-13, 13:51
i'd go with a new flash, not an old back-up.
much easier to help if anything goes wrong...
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/

chris16v
17-04-13, 14:07
@ Judge, cos i have spent a lot of time tweeking and customiseding things like multiconnect plugin remote buttons, epg layout etc. is the following scenario possible:

1) run some kind of settings backup
2) then install latest 3.0.649 image
3) restore customsied settings?

i am doing this from memory at work, so fogive me it the answers appear obvious to you give who are sat in front of a box right now

judge
17-04-13, 14:20
no worries buddy, ask away, it's how we all learn...

do you know what build you would be running the settings back up on?
if a recent build, it should be no problem & simple to do.

if it's an old build, it's still possible but might require you doing a bit of manual back-ups...

chris16v
17-04-13, 14:53
the version would have been a 3.0 build from November last year.
like i said, i am thinking it would be great to flash the broken box with my base build, backup customised settings, flash the box with the latest build and restore the settings.

zenith
17-04-13, 15:19
does the box have usb connected when you boot if so try with it without?

chris16v
17-04-13, 16:37
@ Zenith, thats a thought, i will try that later when i get home and report back.
cheers

Larry-G
17-04-13, 17:02
yeah its origional and i bought 2 of them together. Its been fine for months so this is a bit strange.
i havent actually kept an up to date backup so i am gonna revert to a base image backup that i kept when i first built them.

although thats taught me to keep periodic backups. what backup strategy is popular out there? recurring cron job?

no need for cron jobs in the ViX image as it has a built in auto scheduler for making regular backups. just enable the required options in the backup / image managers and away you go.

Larry-G
17-04-13, 17:04
@ Judge, cos i have spent a lot of time tweeking and customiseding things like multiconnect plugin remote buttons, epg layout etc. is the following scenario possible:

1) run some kind of settings backup
2) then install latest 3.0.649 image
3) restore customsied settings?

i am doing this from memory at work, so fogive me it the answers appear obvious to you give who are sat in front of a box right now

That depends on which build your making the changes and backups from as restoring a backup from a really old build will cause you nothing but problems. as jusde says it would be far better to just start from scratch and flash to 649 then tweak as you need to.

the version would have been a 3.0 build from November last year.
like i said, i am thinking it would be great to flash the broken box with my base build, backup customised settings, flash the box with the latest build and restore the settings.

no that is far too old a build to be restoring backups from, it may work but more likely it will just cause you a lot of grief and hassle as so much has changed in the core of the image since then.

zenith
17-04-13, 18:58
@ Zenith, thats a thought, i will try that later when i get home and report back.
cheers

any luck chris16v?

chris16v
17-04-13, 19:57
not yet zenith, i have just got the kids out the way and booted it without the usb. still a solid red light and not booting

i am gonna give pheonix method a go now

chris16v
17-04-13, 20:06
ok, so my customised based image is 3.0 build 600

will this build version be too old to run a backup containing plugin settings, and restore to a 649 ?

judge
17-04-13, 20:16
600 should be fine, if anything doesn't work, just let us know...