PDA

View Full Version : Hello there! [and a little tip about Synology NAS NFS shares...]

dogboy
17-04-13, 09:43
Hi folks,

Just to introduce myself, I'm Nick and I've just setup my first sat system using a Vu+ Solo2, which I loaded the OpenVix image onto.

It took a lot of tweaking [2 days] to get it looking nice, but I'm really happy with the look now :)

I do have a few questions that I'm plugging away at, so you may hear from me again over the next couple of days while I get used to this crazy new world.

Looking forward to helping out where I can. I guess the first big pointer I can offer out there is that I really struggled to get an NFS share working for recording on my synology NAS [DS 412+] Eventually the key was to create an new share on the NAS using "Control Panel >>> Shared Folder". Then I used the "Privileges" drop down to set "NFS privileges" and assigned it to the IP address of the Solo2.

On the Mount Manager in OpenVix, nothing seemed to work until I tried switching from "Fstab" to "Enigma2 legacy [fstab]", as soon as I made this change the share was mounted OK within VIX and can now be used for recordings.

I hope this helps someone else out, I've read a lot of unsolved questions about NFS shares and NAS drives, maybe due to the fact that it doesn't allow you to login as a specific user.

All the best,

Nick

Stanman
17-04-13, 19:32
Welcome aboard mate and thanks for the post