PDA

View Full Version : Power Button!

Blu-ray
17-04-13, 09:16
My Ultimo using Vix 649 takes 2/3 presses on the STB power button to bring it out of standby in menu it shows Action on long power press=show shutdown menu, Action on short power button=standby is there anything I can change to fix this please.

Blu-ray
17-04-13, 19:12
My Ultimo using Vix 649 takes 2/3 presses on the STB power button to bring it out of standby in menu it shows Action on long power press=show shutdown menu, Action on short power button=standby is there anything I can change to fix this please.

Anyone have the same problem either with Vix 649 or a ULtimo stb.

Larry-G
18-04-13, 06:05
Anyone have the same problem either with Vix 649 or a ULtimo stb.

Cant say I have noticed any thing like this but ill check when I get in from Work this morning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pooface
18-04-13, 06:47
Are you talking about posting the power button on the remote, or on the stb directly?

Larry-G
18-04-13, 06:54
Are you talking about posting the power button on the remote, or on the stb directly?

I think hes on about the power button on the receiver. Works first time every time for me.

pooface
18-04-13, 07:38
I think hes on about the power button on the receiver. Works first time every time for me.

That's what I assumed, but then he mentions the settings menu and long press, which is irrelevent to the stb power button...

Anyway, I just tried using both, and both work fine for me at the mo...

I have noticed that sometimes it has been slow to respond, but that's usually whilst the box is busy doing something such as autotimer polling etc...

Larry-G
18-04-13, 07:48
yep working fine here too on mine.

Blu-ray
18-04-13, 09:21

Yes the power button on the remote, found other people on another forum with same problem but using the new Solo2 with Vix 649 build. :confused:

Larry-G
18-04-13, 13:10
well i have both a Solo2 and Ultimo, both are running build 649 and are used daily, i have no issues with either the power buttons on the remote or receivers, i am however using third party remotes on both ( harmony 600 and harmony 650 ).

pooface
18-04-13, 15:05
well i have both a Solo2 and Ultimo, both are running build 649 and are used daily, i have no issues with either the power buttons on the remote or receivers, i am however using third party remotes on both ( harmony 600 and harmony 650 ).

Yup, using harmony 600 on the Ultimo as well (although with TM Twin I am using the original remote and don't have this issue).

As I stated previously though, I have had problems where it's gone a little slowly catching up with remote presses, but this is to do with the autotimer background search... Are you sure this is not the problem you are having?!

Also, could it be that you have a great deal of sunshine or light on the sensor on your box, which is causing the ir command to not be read correctly by the receiver?! Then, by the third press you have moved the direction point/less light etc, and it actually receives the ir command...