PDA

View Full Version : missing astra 28.2 s-y HD channels on scan

TheAincient
17-04-13, 01:46
just received a new VU+ solo with ViX preintalled.

my old box a qbox mini HD, when it scanned the stailite found all the HD channels but the vu+ solo2 is not finding most of the HD channels and gives a tuned failed when using cats eye.

any ideas why the scan is not finding the HD channels?

Larry-G
17-04-13, 02:26
as the receiver has the ViX image installed try using the built in ABM plugin to build and maintain your sky uk channels.

TheAincient
17-04-13, 02:40
Ok the channels are there bu greyed out or they give a Tune Failed

charliesen
17-04-13, 08:41
Have you had your card in the sky box recently ? If so it may now be paired to that box only.

judge
17-04-13, 09:29
Have you had your card in the sky box recently ? If so it may now be paired to that box only.

greyed out channels indicate wrong tuner settings or a wrong satellite xml file, nothing to do with card pairing...

TheAincient
17-04-13, 12:22
Actualy I was wrong, ABM has not generated any sky HD entries and I did select sky UK as part of the ABM configuration.
something is not right, I will install a new EU satilites.XML when I get home from work.

are there any working single lmb UK vix backups I could download?

abu baniaz
17-04-13, 13:35
You can transfer this one
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24868-All-New-Vix-28-2-East-Bouquets&p=208532&viewfull=1#post208532

What is the setup in terms of wiring/dishes and how have you configured them on the receiver? It seems to me it is a config problem.

TheAincient
17-04-13, 16:03
OpenViX 3.0.649

Fixed dish twin LMB

Tuner A
configuration mode. Simple
Mode Single
Satellite 28.2E Eurobird 1..Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D
Send DiSEqC No.

Tuner B
configuration mode. Simple
Mode Single
Satellite 28.2E Eurobird 1..Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D
Send DiSEqC No.

ABM Config:
FTA: Region London HD
Sky HD Region London

Not picking up Sky Channels

Larry-G
17-04-13, 16:24
Try downloading a premade channel bouquet from the ViX image feeds and see if you can open any of the HD channels contained in that.

TheAincient
21-04-13, 00:47
well been playing about with this and it looks like my vu+ box is having issues with high band channels.

I've loaded the latest channel list and get tuned failed for all high band channels also did a scan and and I'm only getting 455 channels, looks like all the high band channels are missing.

made sure the tuner config has 22khz set.

on my old box, using the same cable getting over 1200 channels.

is this a driver issue or should I send the box back to world of satellite?

Larry-G
21-04-13, 05:58
Is there any way you can check this receiver on another dish / LNB to check just in case it's not playing nice with the current LNB ??.

TheAincient
21-04-13, 17:56
well I'm now convinced that this vu+ solo is having problems sending the 22khz tone to switch the lnb to the high band.

using the same cables and dish and with the same tuner settings and enigma2 settings, my old qbox hd mini has no problems scanning frequencies above 11700 which I believe is the threshold between low and high band all high band channels found ( I believe).

with the vu+ solo2 nothing is found over 11700.

I tried this at a neighbours house and the same thing.

I'll be in-touch with world of satilite on Monday.

Mossy
20-07-13, 12:16
Does anyone now how i can down load new channel list for vu ultimo thanks

Larry-G
20-07-13, 12:39
Does anyone now how i can down load new channel list for vu ultimo thanks

you can download channel lists or bouquets directly via the image plugin feeds, or if using ViX you can use the built in ABM plugin to automatically build and maintain a region specific channel list that follows the sky uk numbering exactly.

Mossy
20-07-13, 13:24
WERE CAN I FIND THIS abm pluging thanks not done anything like this thanks

Stanman
20-07-13, 13:32
If your using VIX its already installed

MENU>SETUP>SERVICE SEARCHES>ABM

Mossy
20-07-13, 13:59
how do I get the bouquets up on the ultimo and can I update them with usb pen

Larry-G
20-07-13, 14:03
how do I get the bouquets up on the ultimo and can I update them with usb pen

Just setup ABM for your region amd run it, it will populate the boquet once it has finnished its scan, no need for a USB stick or any other interaction on your part.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mossy
20-07-13, 14:10
but when I go to my channels there not there but in were it says last scanned how do I get them back in my channel lists sorry for being a pain

Mossy
20-07-13, 14:17
but when I go to my channels there not there but in were it says last scanned how do I get them back in my channel lists sorry for being a pain

Larry-G
20-07-13, 15:08
ok have a read of this it should help.