PDA

View Full Version : 3D settings

drx360
16-04-13, 10:25
Hi guys, posting a question on behalf of my brother, i installed and set up his new 2M-2T on Saturday and he wanted to try out the 3D capabilities on it, so i went through all the settings and could not get the split mode to turn off no matter what i did he says his does not use split mode and so we could not get 3D working i have no idea since i dont own a 3D tv any idea's?

SoupKing
16-04-13, 11:02
AFAIK - ALL SKY 3d transmission will ALWAYS be in SBS (side by side split mode) whither he knows it or not his TV will be making a determination on the signal and deciding if it should decode it as SBS OR TTB (top to bottom).

His 3D telly (now he does specifically have a 3D telly?) will have a remote button which cycles through ttb / sbs / auto / off - or something like that for the appropriate 3d input, he may be set to auto and its not changing for some reason, so he should find and do the cycle manually.

My TM2 plays a killer 3d picture on a cheap Ebuyer 3d tv through media player or through sky3d channel no problem at all.

Trial
16-04-13, 11:15
Hi,
he cannot turn of the 3D SbS mode on the receiver.

ciao

drx360
16-04-13, 11:50
yep he does, i have no clue about 3D as i havent bought one yet

duoduo
16-04-13, 15:00
keep pressing the 3d button on the remote it will change it to the correct setting, that is if he has a samsung tv like me. Sorry to be so obvious but make sure you are on the 3d channel when you do this.