PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo signal loss

sjampster
15-04-13, 20:47
Hi everybody,

I bought a VU+ Solo to be able to stream satellite channels over my wireless network to another TV with a Raspberry PI running XBMC (which is working nicely, by the way). Before I had the Solo I used the integrated DVB+S2 receiver in my LG led TV, which gave a perfect image and which seemed to have enough signal and SNR to give a good quality image.

The solo, however, has problems with the signal strength or quality, which are causing these 'mpeg blocks or artifacts', which is very annoying to look at.
Does somebody know how to solve this, or should I buy a larger satellite dish to get more signal to the LNB?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,

Sjampster

Stanman
16-04-13, 20:00
Check the F connector is probably seated and any nicks in the cable

sjampster
18-11-13, 19:17
Hi there,

Long time ago since my last post, but finally I will reply on this.

The F connector is fine, since when I connect the LNB to my LG tv, with internal DVB-S receiver, the image on all channels is fine. When I connect the LNB to the VU+ solo, which is installed next to the LG tv, the image sometimes becomes blocked.

Does the VU+ solo require more SNR than other VU+ models, since it might have a receiver with less performance? I am not able to find these specs online..

Kind regards,

Gerben Heinen