PDA

View Full Version : How to get Surround Sound? HELP!! :confused:

banie01
03-10-10, 12:00
Hiya folks,
I'm running my Vu through a Sony STR-DG910 AVR but as of yet I have not been able to get a multichannel sound stream(Blue Light on)
I know the issue is not with the amp as all other Multichannel sources run flawlessly!

I have the proirity set on the Amp to Auto....So it should default to multichannel sound if available.
I have tried outputting over HDMI with no luck and also optical( with the priority changed on the AVR of course ;) )

I'm currently running VIX1.1 with my settings in AV menu as follows :
Dolby Digital=Yes,
Dolby Digital Downmix=Yes(As when I set it to No I get no sound)
Even if I choose the Multichannel soundtrack from the audio button I'm getting no joy :(
At the moment I'm matrixing the stereo mix out to 5.1 and its just not the same!
I NEED my multichannel audio and blue light!!!!haha
Help!!! Please!:D

Maxwell
03-10-10, 12:44
To get the blue light you need to set Dolby Digital Downmix to off, have you assigned the amp audio input to optical ? I'm not familiar with your amp but does it do bitstream over HDMI, if not that explains why you get no sound and would have to use an optical cable, I will see if I can download a manual for your amp in the meantime and have a look. I'm sure this is an amp issue as I have it working perfectly with my Sony amp.

Maxwell
03-10-10, 13:08
Ok have found a manual and your amp is capable of what you need via HDMI, so check the Audio settings are set to Dec-Auto and not PCM as this can result in no sound if other signals are input, by the way just thinking about it and I had to do a factory reset on my amp before I got anything using the Sat input after it had been configured for another use, thats probably just me though, one other thing I have found recently is that when I go from a normal channel to something with Dolby Digital the amp wont lock on unless I first switch inputs and go back again although all other inputs are perfect, again that might be just me but worth a try. Also try a different HDMI cable.

banie01
03-10-10, 15:02
Ok have found a manual and your amp is capable of what you need via HDMI, so check the Audio settings are set to Dec-Auto and not PCM as this can result in no sound if other signals are input, by the way just thinking about it and I had to do a factory reset on my amp before I got anything using the Sat input after it had been configured for another use, thats probably just me though, one other thing I have found recently is that when I go from a normal channel to something with Dolby Digital the amp wont lock on unless I first switch inputs and go back again although all other inputs are perfect, again that might be just me but worth a try. Also try a different HDMI cable.

Maxwell, You're an absolute legend! All is working fantastically now! Thanks a million!

Maxwell
03-10-10, 15:05
No problem mate, but out of interest what was it that cured it ?

banie01
03-10-10, 17:53
No problem mate, but out of interest what was it that cured it ?

It was switching the Input priority from PCM to auto...
It still seems to switch back to PCM at times but thats just a matter of going into the amp menu and switching it to PCM and back again.

garymac66
29-05-14, 19:35
sorry to piggy back your post but didnt want to start a new one as its probably simple
ive connected my panasonic home theatre sound system SC-PT570 to my VU+DUO twin tuner but cant get sound through receiver set up but when i go via AV to watch terestrial tv the surround is there? ive done it via scart from pana to VU then scart from VU to Pana viera TV tried switching of digital downmix as suggested but no luck, is it settings on receiver or way ive connected, old sky box had optical cable connector VU doesnt

Donnie
29-05-14, 20:11
Vu Duo does have an optical connector as long as it an original

Rob van der Does
29-05-14, 21:18
sorry to piggy back your post but didnt want to start a new one
Your very first post and the only thing you do is highjacking somebodies thread. Please: never do that again. Make you own thread for your own issue.

Maxwell
29-05-14, 21:41
Your very first post and the only thing you do is highjacking somebodies thread. Please: never do that again. Make you own thread for your own issue.
especially hijacking one that is 3.5 years old :eek:

garymac66
30-05-14, 10:12
[ok apologies