PDA

View Full Version : Latest video driver and Video Enhancement plugin

Sicilian
07-04-10, 06:05
If you're using latest VTI0.7 or Dream Elite 1.2 and want to add the new video driver and Video Enhancement Plugin see the following: -

1. Download and extract to your desktop dvb-bcm7335.ko.zip
2. Ftp the extracted dvb-bcm7335.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra
3. Re-boot receiver.
4. Download and FTP enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videoenhancement_experimental-git20100405-r0_mipsel.ipk to /tmp/ on your receiver.
5. Install via built in utility or telnet install: -

ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videoenhancement_experimental-git20100405-r0_mipsel.ipk6. Re-boot receiver.
7. Go to System settings and you will find a new Video Enhancment section, see screenshots ;)

I found that this really does improve SD picture quality without the use of auto-resolution plugin.

OldSkulRide
07-04-10, 10:44
yep picture is better now.

I set sharpness scaler to 17 and mosquito and digital contour to 4/5 (both)

Sicilian
07-04-10, 11:01
Just to let you know there's no need to add the driver with OpenPLi, just run a software update or flash with latest build.

Regards the Video Enhancement plugin I'm now 100% sure if its in the OpenPLi addons menu or not yet.

bobonthejob
07-04-10, 17:36
on Pli here still - Have updated the software.

Tried to install videoenhancement plugin. Got an error. Cant remember that as it cleared the screen.
Un-installed and re-installed manually by FTP'ing ipk file over.

Rebooted the box - can not find any entries on the plugins menu or the setup menu.

Maybe i should think about giving DreamElite image ago :)

Sicilian
07-04-10, 18:25
Someone on PLi forums confirmed the plugin is in their addons menu. You should be to just software update and install the addon. Reboot, then go to System > Settings and you will see the new video enhancement field.

bobonthejob
07-04-10, 18:35
ok...will give it another go...

Sicilian
07-04-10, 18:37
ok...will give it another go...

Make sure you run software update first or the addon will not work.

bobonthejob
07-04-10, 19:03
Hey all. Got it now works a treat. Post up settings that peeps are using.

mark_hopley
09-04-10, 00:06
Currently running dream Elite 1.2. Installed this but found no extra video enhancement section. Extra setting in av settings for scaler sharpness though. Cranked it up to max and am well happy. Got the SD picture I expected when purchasing it now without the black screen between channels using auto res.

Sicilian
09-04-10, 07:33
Mark, did you follow my post correctly? Install driver, reboot, install addon, reboot. If done correctly you will get what I posted in the screenshots.

bobonthejob
09-04-10, 16:42
Getting more of a better image....Slightly differnt settings comapred to oldskulride...In ireland at the moment. Will post details when back.

mark_hopley
09-04-10, 17:26
Mark, did you follow my post correctly? Install driver, reboot, install addon, reboot. If done correctly you will get what I posted in the screenshots.

Yes m8. Exactly as you described. tbh I'm happy with just gaining the scaler adjustment. That was my only complaint about the box from day 1 (give or take the white remote lol). Auto res sorted it up to a point but this is a much better fix.

Sicilian
13-04-10, 21:44
Just re uploaded the attachments in the first post.

gazal
25-04-14, 19:01
Please explain through the installation and operation of Video Enhancement Plugin
Blackhole of 209