PDA

View Full Version : Vix versus 4d

SoupKing
15-04-13, 14:24
Got out the brave pills over the weekend and reflashed my TM2 from VIX to 4D (I get the odd black screen lock-up for no apparent reason).

Gave it a whirl for 2 days then went back to VIX (although that too was a newer release), for me the VIX interface just 'feels' a little more intuitive.

The 4D bouquet system & tuner set-up seemed much more cumbersome to me, perhaps I'm just used to VIX after 4 weeks but I'm sticking with it.

Soup.

billas422
26-04-13, 06:24
Got out the brave pills over the weekend and reflashed my TM2 from VIX to 4D (I get the odd black screen lock-up for no apparent reason).

Gave it a whirl for 2 days then went back to VIX (although that too was a newer release), for me the VIX interface just 'feels' a little more intuitive.

The 4D bouquet system & tuner set-up seemed much more cumbersome to me, perhaps I'm just used to VIX after 4 weeks but I'm sticking with it.

Soup.

I am going to buy same box, are you happy with its performance, have you got one with harddisk, is it working fine and seamlessly as it suppose to be?????

Billaz

sgate
26-04-13, 06:40
hi m8 the tm is a great box, I had vu duo and sold it for this :cool:

mickyblueys
26-04-13, 06:44
I am going to buy same box, are you happy with its performance, have you got one with harddisk, is it working fine and seamlessly as it suppose to be?????

Billaz

Now I don't own a tm......
But before you do buy one, I would read up on the possible driver issue regarding blank recordings, that quite a few owners are experiencing. Just so that you are at least aware of the possibility.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RL73
27-04-13, 08:26
Hi. It would be if TM could fix the recording issues. Failed recordings intermittently are well documented. So for this reason I would buy something else. Can buy mine if you like. PM me.

Billaz

Larry-G
27-04-13, 08:34
Hi. It would be if TM could fix the recording issues. Failed recordings intermittently are well documented. So for this reason I would buy something else. Can buy mine if you like. PM me.

Please read the forum rules as pertaining to private trades, There is a proper way to do things and this is not it.