PDA

View Full Version : Rf out

SoupKing
15-04-13, 14:17
Any TM2 users out there know if I can change my RF-OUT to transmit tuner B (rather than tuner A).

I've tried WebIF to stream tuner B (I assume it uses tuner B - she can change channel & watch the hardrive) to my daughters room but its a bit glitchy at best - using a Netgear Homeplug(?) to her laptop. The RF out works great to my own bedroom but if I could change that to tuner B and give her essentially tuner B for her room it would be so much better (I use Dreamote on the iphone as tv remote).

Or is there a walkthrough that I cant find anywhere about making WebIF streams as stable as possible on the TM2? I've seen loads of people post that it works great.

Or ANY other options to get that second tuner to a second TV?

Any ideas most appreciated.

TK4|2|1
15-04-13, 22:03
The modulator only outputs what you got on screen. So if your watching bbc1 on tuner A, thats what comes out the modulator, You can't tell it what tuner to use.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

abu baniaz
15-04-13, 23:24
I'd look at your network setup and see where improvements can be made.

I do not believe you can specify which tuner Webif uses. Just like normal viewing, the available tuner is used. You can set preferances of tuners though, this won't help your issue.

cypchris
15-04-13, 23:32
it only shows what you are fisically watching

SoupKing
16-04-13, 10:29
Thanks guys - WebIF it is, need to do some work on network performance it seems.:confused:

drx360
16-04-13, 10:33
Thanks guys - WebIF it is, need to do some work on network performance it seems.:confused:

webif works great, on sd channels HD is a different story, well for me anyways, took a little setting up a i had to change some router settings etc, but deff worth it.
what media player are you using for stream playback, i use vlc myself

SoupKing
16-04-13, 10:54
what media player are you using for stream playback, i use vlc myself

Yep using VLC - could I please ask what 'tweaks' you made on your router settings?

I had an 'old' Netgear router that was 5-6 years old - changed it to a fancy new Netgear N750 NNDR4000 unit which claimed to be HD stream proficient :rolleyes: - joking aside its getting good reviews so could be my settings or some other network issue. I'd be happy to settle for decent SD performance to be honest.

drx360
16-04-13, 12:45
for me using bt hub 3 i had to add stream ports and add it as a http server, then all worlked fine

duoduo
16-04-13, 14:55
sorry to jump in here guys i kinda been thinking of doing what your discussing here, i have duo in my front room and would like to be able to also watch sub channels in the bedroom (from the duo) but refuse to pay an additional £10 per month to Sky for the priviledge. I dont have anything flashy in the bedroom it is a basic 22inch with built in freeview. I am not keen on the idea of running additional wires around the house, therefore could someone please recommend any options the simplerer (if thats a word lol) the better please.

Regards

duoduo
17-04-13, 20:45
Bumpty bump bump

abu baniaz
17-04-13, 22:37
Wireless video sender maybe?

duoduo
18-04-13, 07:03
Thanks for your reply abu, can you recommend one please

SoupKing
18-04-13, 09:23
1) A laptop in the room and you give WebIF a whirl? (play on TV if you have vga port)

2) A video sender? (I'm not recommending this one - its just an example)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-for-All-Audio-Video-Wireless-AV-Sender-SV-1725-TV-DVD-SKY-Virgin-Freeview-/261177317811?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3ccf6199b3

zappahey
19-04-13, 22:39
sorry to jump in here guys i kinda been thinking of doing what your discussing here, i have duo in my front room and would like to be able to also watch sub channels in the bedroom (from the duo) but refuse to pay an additional £10 per month to Sky for the priviledge. I dont have anything flashy in the bedroom it is a basic 22inch with built in freeview. I am not keen on the idea of running additional wires around the house, therefore could someone please recommend any options the simplerer (if thats a word lol) the better please.

Regards

I haven't tried it (yet) but what about one of those android sticks that plug into the HDMI port and then run something like Dreamdroid or XBMC?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

judge
19-04-13, 23:39
homeplugs or a wireless usb stick might also give you the options you need to feed channels to another box...