PDA

View Full Version : Will CCcam read Sky sports and movies from my card?

RottyDave
14-04-13, 22:09
With a lot of help i have set up CCcam 2.3 on my receiver and it will now read channels such as Atlantic but wont read Sports and Movies(both of which i pay for)
Any advice on this-Cheers.
ps Thanks for the help Abu.:confused:

judge
14-04-13, 22:29
have you added your boxkey to your .cfg file?

RottyDave
14-04-13, 22:29
Yes have done that

judge
14-04-13, 22:34
if the boxkey is added correctly, should just work...
have you had the card in the official box recently?
or tried using oscam?

RottyDave
14-04-13, 22:40
The card has always been in the receiver up until tonight,Was thinking of using Oscam?

RottyDave
14-04-13, 22:46
Does this format look ok to you

:confused:

RottyDave
14-04-13, 22:46
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

abu baniaz
14-04-13, 22:47
I hope that is not your real key, if it is edit it.

judge
14-04-13, 22:53
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

yes, that looks correct, edited out your boxkey.
try oscam so buddy...

RottyDave
14-04-13, 22:56
Would i need to create another cfg file or will the original one do?

judge
14-04-13, 23:04
Would i need to create another cfg file or will the original one do?

oscam is a different beast altogether & requires a bit more config...
try generating your boxkey again & see if it's the same as the one you're using?
mine uses all caps, not sure if that makes a difference though?
if you still can't get the subbed channels working then, we can try to help you setting up oscam.

RottyDave
15-04-13, 09:02
Ok,
will have look at boxkey again this afternoon when i finish work and go from there.I do have a Iberosat receiver in Spain that will read my sport channels but not my movie channels-can this box be updated?

dfdream
15-04-13, 12:47
There is also an issue reported on web where cards / boxes recently updated in original receiver that Sports / Movies and HD channels no longer work on CCCam or Oscam...

Dont know whether this is true or not but there was lots of talk on it...

RottyDave
15-04-13, 13:17
Have heard something similar for the sky hd so gonna try with my sd subscription card for now.
Will this not render all the latest receivers to expensive fta boxes?

RottyDave
15-04-13, 13:18
Forum Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have heard something similar for the sky hd so gonna try with my sd subscription card for now.

Larry-G
15-04-13, 13:23
Forum Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is far more out there than just 28.2 east.

RottyDave
15-04-13, 13:30
The conversion table i used gave the hexadecimal equivalent in lowercase but have just tried on another coversion site and it gives the hex in Capitals?

Gonna try and set up Oscam later and hopefully i will be able to view my movies and sport-Is this a lot more complicated than the CCcam install?

twol
15-04-13, 14:03
The conversion table i used gave the hexadecimal equivalent in lowercase but have just tried on another coversion site and it gives the hex in Capitals?

Gonna try and set up Oscam later and hopefully i will be able to view my movies and sport-Is this a lot more complicated than the CCcam install?
well mine were all uppercase, so I would try again with CCcam first before going thru the pain of installing Oscam, when it may not be needed. :)

RottyDave
15-04-13, 14:06
Ok .will try and post rfesults as soon as i have done it-Thanks

abu baniaz
15-04-13, 14:57
You don't use websites for conversions, calculator on pc is fine.

RottyDave
15-04-13, 15:13
dont the give the same results?

Do you know if it matters wether upper or lowercase?

RottyDave
15-04-13, 17:45
Have changed my box key to capital letters and has made no difference to my viewing channels,should i now go down the oscam route?

Larry-G
15-04-13, 18:24
it's worth a try, hopefully your is not one of the receivers to have been hit by the new sky HD pairing method because if it is there is currently little to nothing you can do about it.

RottyDave
15-04-13, 18:26
it's worth a try, hopefully your is not one of the receivers to have been hit by the new sky HD pairing method because if it is there is currently little to nothing you can do about it.
I have both HD and SD cards and have been trying to pair the SD card if that makes any difference?

RottyDave
15-04-13, 18:35
Think im gonna need a helping hand to install Oscam-Is it a lot different to installing CCcam?

zola25
16-04-13, 07:31
I tried oscam and its so much more complicated to set up than cccam but to me it sounds like your card has been paired what sky stb do you have?
It is easy to instal oscam its the config that is hard and did not seem to be worth the trouble for me just to read my C+Nordic card

RottyDave
16-04-13, 07:38
I have and older pace sky + box with Sky SD card which i am trying to get my receiver to read.
In another room i have a new 2tb HD box with a HD subscription which i use in my lounge.

I just want to add that i have used the sd card in my iberosat receiver when i was over in Spain two weeks ago and it worked fine so dont think its this card?(Does this make sense)

manicscrewdriver
16-04-13, 08:42
Without a doubt the issue will be the boxkey.

Google for Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC

This program will ensure you have the correct boxkey as it can work it out from the serial number on the box or the serial number in the menu. I have always used the one off the box and its worked every time.

Please bare in mind that Sky are in the middle of changing the pairing process so it may be short lived even if you do get it to work. Please also remember that if you are trying this in Spain you may not be able to pick up certain Sky channels due to you possibly not being inside the footprint for the north or south beam, dependent of you exact location and dish size. Its a dead certainty you won't pick stuff up off the UK spot beam with out a large dish.

Nano

RottyDave
16-04-13, 10:31
Without a doubt the issue will be the boxkey.

Google for Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC

This program will ensure you have the correct boxkey as it can work it out from the serial number on the box or the serial number in the menu. I have always used the one off the box and its worked every time.

Please bare in mind that Sky are in the middle of changing the pairing process so it may be short lived even if you do get it to work. Please also remember that if you are trying this in Spain you may not be able to pick up certain Sky channels due to you possibly not being inside the footprint for the north or south beam, dependent of you exact location and dish size. Its a dead certainty you won't pick stuff up off the UK spot beam with out a large dish.

Nano

I will try the boxkey program.Is this new pairing process going to render these boxes pretty useless after new pairing process is up and running because if this is the case i would have probably been better off with a humax with hdd?

garyblas
16-04-13, 12:52

Does anyone know if this is definately happening, as all i have seen so far is rumour ?

Larry-G
16-04-13, 14:55
Does anyone know if this is definately happening, as all i have seen so far is rumour ?

Its happening rite now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RottyDave
16-04-13, 15:26
Is the dreambox config creator you mention a program to tell you your box key number?
I thought it was the 17 digit number on bottom of box minus the first 6 figures minus the last figure then converted into hexadecimal?
That is what i have tried and i come out with a 7 digit answer so i just place 0 in front of first digit.
Is this correct?

manicscrewdriver
16-04-13, 15:31
Is the dreambox config creator you mention a program to tell you your box key number?

Yes that is one of the functions of it. It will only give you the key from the info you put in to it. I used it when i first had my white card after the swap out from the old Blue house card. It worked fine then as it still does today.

That is what i have tried and i come out with a 7 digit answer so i just place 0 in front of first digit.
Is this correct?

Pass, no idea. I did it using the program i mentioned above. I've only ever had to do it once and that was about 2 years ago.

Nano

RottyDave
16-04-13, 15:51
Yes that is one of the functions of it. It will only give you the key from the info you put in to it. I used it when i first had my white card after the swap out from the old Blue house card. It worked fine then as it still does today.

Pass, no idea. I did it using the program i mentioned above. I've only ever had to do it once and that was about 2 years ago.

Nano

Ok,will give it a try anyhow-Thanks

twol
16-04-13, 17:04
I thought it was the 17 digit number on bottom of box minus the first 6 figures minus the last figure then converted into hexadecimal?
Is this correct?
either stick in your 11 digit number from the Sky box guide(Services/Settings/details) into the Dreambox config creator (2nd screen) or the 17 digit number, ignore first 6 characters and last, and convert remaining 10 numbers to hex..... both results obviously should be the same:) If not you are doing something wrong:confused:
Obviously don't know your serial but both mine and the examples I have seen have resulted in 8 hex digits without adding a leading 0........... but on this willing to be wrong:)

RottyDave
16-04-13, 17:59
Have just fired up my box and tried the viewing card in the bottom slot and Eureka,Movies,Sport,the whole shooting match.
Anyone else using BOXKEY:/sci0 ** ** ** **when writing their config file try both slots as this configuration should have been for the top slot.

Thanks to everyone who replied and gave me advice,especially Abu,Cheers:)

judge
16-04-13, 18:01
Can't understand how it decoded the other channels so when using the wrong slot???

RottyDave
16-04-13, 18:07
Thats a complete mystery as i said earlier i could get sky sports news,atlantic and others but hey ho.

judge
16-04-13, 18:12
ah well, atleast you're sorted now & you know your card isn't paired to the official box... yet?

RottyDave
16-04-13, 18:14
ah well, atleast you're sorted now & you know your card isn't paired to the official box... yet?
Do you think there will be a way to defeat the pairing issues eventually?

garyblas
16-04-13, 18:40
Do you think there will be a way to defeat the pairing issues eventually?

Might take time but some clever people out there will crack it

RottyDave
16-04-13, 19:27
Just to let you all know i have just managed to pair my HD card to the Vu box and this card is only 4 months old and out of my 2tb hd box so long may it continue:)

abu baniaz
16-04-13, 20:07
It won't last long if you put the card back into the original receiver.

RottyDave
16-04-13, 20:19
It won't last long if you put the card back into the original receiver.
How come?Does it do something to it?

abu baniaz
16-04-13, 20:56
You need to read up on recent changes.

They are changing software on the HD boxes and cards which means emulators on linux boxes will not be able to decrypt premium and HD channels. SD receivers are currently immune from this change and the old Thomson HD boxes are being replaced in excahnge for committing to 12 months.

However, as you have multi room, you cannot just switch off your HD box as they may send you a letter finding out why your receiver is not calling back and suspect you of CS. Hopefully others will advise on your options.

leeno382
16-04-13, 21:34
Just to let you all know i have just managed to pair my HD card to the Vu box and this card is only 4 months old and out of my 2tb hd box so long may it continue:)

Have you updated your box (Card) lately? I ask, as of today, i had to update my box, as i was getting an error saying wrong card inserted, then i had to ring Sly, they told me the box needed updated, which i did (Stupidly) then Voila the channels worked on my Skybox but wont decode on my Vu duo, or my server............

judge
16-04-13, 21:50
Have you updated your box (Card) lately? I ask, as of today, i had to update my box, as i was getting an error saying wrong card inserted, then i had to ring Sly, they told me the box needed updated, which i did (Stupidly) then Voila the channels worked on my Skybox but wont decode on my Vu duo, or my server............

your original sky box was showing the 'wrong card inserted' message?
what card if any had you in it?

also, how are you decoding the card on your DUO and server?

RottyDave
16-04-13, 21:54
I only need to take my sky card out of my official sky receiver when i go over to Spain so dont intend to leave it in the Vu box for more than 7 or so weeks a year.Dont know if this will make any difference.I only take the SD card with me anyhow so will see how it goes.

judge
16-04-13, 21:59
I only need to take my sky card out of my official sky receiver when i go over to Spain so dont intend to leave it in the Vu box for more than 7 or so weeks a year.Dont know if this will make any difference.I only take the SD card with me anyhow so will see how it goes.

and that looks like what the current problems could be...
why do folks keep their cards in official receivers? surely your E2 box works way better?

leeno382
16-04-13, 22:11
your original sky box was showing the 'wrong card inserted' message?
what card if any had you in it?

also, how are you decoding the card on your DUO and server?

Had my server go down on friday, using my Smargo, so had to put my card back into my sky reciever, and only some channels were coming through, hence the phone call, then once updated my channels all worked, but my box was updated and possible my account, as the serial number on my box changed from 10 digits to 11...... Now i have Reciever ID that i didnt have previously, now when i put my card back into either my server, or my Vu Duo, i cannot watch Any HD channels which is down to the new sky encryption that they have deployed........

leeno382
16-04-13, 22:12
My server is Cccam and Oscam :-) with Original Card on Smargo

RottyDave
16-04-13, 22:13
and that looks like what the current problems could be...
why do folks keep their cards in official receivers? surely your E2 box works way better?
It will do but its gonna be 1500 miles away 45 weeks of the year.
Are you saying that if you never put your viewing card back into your original sky box this change wont affect you?
Or is it to stop people watching channels they are not paying a subscription for?

leeno382
16-04-13, 22:16
Are you saying that if you never put your viewing card back into your original sky box this change wont affect you?
Or is it to stop people watching channels they are not paying a subscription for?

From what i have read, you must only update your skycard Via Oscam, NOT by putting it back into your reciever, this is what i done, and it i learnt the hard way unfortunately.....

judge
16-04-13, 22:38

Nobody but SKY know how it works yet buddy...
Thought travel might be the reason you wouldn't bring a box.
For now, it seems best to keep subbed sky cards in non official boxes, updating by cccam or oscam.

IMO, the site sponser has an e2 box at £134 that would work way better than any SKY UK/IRE box, so seems like a non brainer if you want to keep a cheap box in one location & a more expensive one in another.

Saying that, only time will tell though...