PDA

View Full Version : Need help to create directories on vu solo2 running vix

Recallmcq
13-04-13, 13:52
Is there anyway to create directories on the hd for different tv series movies etc

judge
13-04-13, 14:05
lots of different ways...
mount the hdd on another pc & create them
ftp into the box & create them
telnet into the box & create them...

Recallmcq
13-04-13, 14:13
Sorry but I am brand new to this place provide step by step for me if you can on FTP or telnet

judge
13-04-13, 14:20
what ftp client are you using?
most will allow you right click & create a directory where you want.

or using telnet, mkdir /hdd/movie/FOLDER_NAME

Recallmcq
13-04-13, 14:25
Don't have any FTP client at the moment, what 1 is best to use? I told you I am complete newbie

judge
13-04-13, 14:26
filezilla is what I use, but lots of others out there...

https://filezilla-project.org/

Recallmcq
13-04-13, 14:32
ok ill have a look,, thanks for your help mate.

chucknorris666
13-04-13, 14:44
You can do it on the box with the remote just go to hdd then click menu and then add directory

tomthebomb1968
14-04-13, 03:20
Is there anyway to create directories on the hd for different tv series movies etc

Hi there, are you sure you want to be doing this? Your box will record to only one location that you set up via the remote during setup. You can do what you are asking but you also seem to have no FTP or Telnet experience as you also asked for step by step instructions and said your "brand new" Most newbies want to get a picture on the box lol.

Best plan of attack is get your box running. Find out what it does by default . If you need it to do something specific have a look on the forum and if nothing found then ask.

Hope im not sounding like a knowall here its not meant to. I just thought it was an odd request and i dont want you going down the wrong path from the off.

Delagroov
14-04-13, 08:51
To distinguish between tv/ series one could also use TagEditor from feeds.

In movie browser one can select form tags/in timer one can add tag

chucknorris666
14-04-13, 09:36
On my solo 2 I created directory's in the hdd using the remote, soaps, documentaries, movies etc then when I set up my auto timers just set custom location to yes then chose what folder I want them to record too simple, hope this helps :)