PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding / Internet Streaming

user68
12-04-13, 15:47
I've activated the transcoding plugin on VIX 3.0.649 and get a stable stream on my Android device using the Vu+ Player but streaming causes the picture to freeze on the television screen at home. Should the transcoding plugin allow the channel to be shared between the home and remote user at the same time?

Trial
12-04-13, 15:49
Hi,
on Solo2 you can only stream another channel then you are watching. PiP and recording ist then also not possible. It should be more flexible with the DUO2.

ciao

user68
12-04-13, 15:51
Hi,
on Solo2 you can only stream another channel then you are watching. PiP and recording ist then also not possible. It should be more flexible with the DUO2.

ciao

Thanks for your quick reply. I am streaming the same channel as I am watching. The VU+ Player stream is very good but the same channel freezes on the receiver and cannot be watched. So it's not possible to watch the same channel both locally and remotely?

user68
12-04-13, 16:56
I'm confused...If you can only stream another channel than the one you are watching then that means you have to select a different channel to stream on the Vu+ Player. But if I select another channel to stream then it changes the channel being watched to the new one selected. The result is that I am now trying to stream the same channel again! :smash: Something's not right here...

cboy
15-04-13, 11:06
have you got twin tuner enabled? in the android app?
u need to check the box *no zap before streaming/multituner

cboy
27-04-13, 08:56
on my vu solo2 i have noticed that when you do use the transcoding it does make the screen go blank for a couple of seconds :/

Trial
27-04-13, 12:20
Hi,
this blanking is normal and I think it will not be changed on the Solo2. There are some limitations for transcoding on the Solo2 which will be hopefully not present in the Duo2.

ciao

cboy
28-04-13, 09:55
since it was advertised as a transcoding device i do feal a bit let down as its not as good as it should be

jugulator
28-04-13, 09:59
When I try to transcode via 3G using VU+ app sometimes the solo2 hangs with spinning vix. The only way to get out of it it reboot by switching it from the back!

judge
28-04-13, 14:48
When I try to transcode via 3G using VU+ app sometimes the solo2 hangs with spinning vix. The only way to get out of it it reboot by switching it from the back!

in cases like that, please upload debug logs...

jugulator
28-04-13, 14:59

Thanks. How do I do that?

Larry-G
28-04-13, 15:14
you would first need to enable debugging via the inbuilt logs manager in the image it self.

I'm not near a receiver rite now to be able to give the exact path but look for the logs manager setup page.

Trial
28-04-13, 19:03
Hi,

since it was advertised as a transcoding device i do feal a bit let down as its not as good as it should be
it has transcoding. What was advertised?

When I compare my Audi with an SLS it is also not as good as it could be:-)

ciao

Rob van der Does
29-04-13, 06:50
Hehe, the Solo2 is not a 'transcoding device' and has (by my knowledge) never been advertised as such: it's a satellite receiver with transcoding options.

jugulator
30-04-13, 20:51

I have sent you a debug log and a crash log. Hope you can come up with some fix. I can stream via 3G. When I close the app on the device then the receiver hangs with spinning vix. Then I have to reboot with the hard button.

jugulator
02-05-13, 20:09
you would first need to enable debugging via the inbuilt logs manager in the image it self.

I'm not near a receiver rite now to be able to give the exact path but look for the logs manager setup page.

Hi I had sent crash log and debug log. Could u confirm if you received it? If not I can attach as a text file. Thanks

Rob van der Does
02-05-13, 20:41
Hi I had sent crash log and debug log. Could u confirm if you received it? If not I can attach as a text file.
Confirmed.

jugulator
02-05-13, 22:49
Confirmed.

Thanks. Hope it is useful and we can see some resolution soon! :)

cboy
05-05-13, 10:30
Hehe, the Solo2 is not a 'transcoding device' and has (by my knowledge) never been advertised as such: it's a satellite receiver with transcoding options.

bit of a play on words isnt it, makes the consumer think that it does what it should do but it doesnt :/

as from there website *TRANSCODING FOR MOBILE DEVICES* but it doesnt actually say your screen will go blank when you activate the transcoding

jugulator
05-05-13, 12:19
I don't have any problem with transcoding. Works ok with wifi and 3G. But the problem I have is if when I close the app after watching on 3G the receiver freezes up. I have reported this as u can see above. I'm not sure of anyone has this issue though. I found it is best to use dreamote and oplayer as streaming app. VU+ app is ok but it does crash often.

cboy
05-05-13, 13:13
i do think vu player for android on my nexus 4 is really good probably the best, i do use vu player on my ipad 4 but since i have transcoding enabled it just closes the app, obviously a port issue from 8001 to 8002 so i use dreamboxlive which does work very nicely, the only thing i suffer with is the channel blanking

jugulator
05-05-13, 15:55
Dreambox live and VU+ app for iOS are both same app! Only the skin is different.!

cboy
05-05-13, 17:05
how come dreamboxlive works and vu just force closes? same settings

Larry-G
05-05-13, 17:07
how come dreamboxlive works and vu just force closes? same settings

No idea but as pointed out there the same app by the same coder, just with a different skin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hotchef
22-05-13, 00:46
I am looking for a guide for setting up i house via 3g properly

, I am using the latest vix image on the solo2

I am using a mac with IdreamX or Openwebif

Also on my iphone I have multiple apps

Dreambox, Vu+ Player, VLCStrFree, Dream, DREAMBOX LIVE, e2Remote

But when i try to play to my mac or the phone it just is very patchy and breaks up.

I have seen some great tutorials here, but is there one for transcoding?

Can some one please tell me the settings i should select

thanks

Trial
22-05-13, 08:40
Hi,
there is no big difference between streaming and transcoded streaming. If you have setup your system to be able to stream simply activate transcoding with the plugin on your Solo2 and change the streaming port from 8001 to 8002. If you want to stream to the internet you need an additional portforwarding for 8002.

ciao

Hotchef
22-05-13, 19:35
Hi,
there is no big difference between streaming and transcoded streaming. If you have setup your system to be able to stream simply activate transcoding with the plugin on your Solo2 and change the streaming port from 8001 to 8002. If you want to stream to the internet you need an additional portforwarding for 8002.

ciao

Is the set up with plugin/openwebif

OpenWebinterface enabled Yes
Http port. 00080
Enable Http Authentication No
Streaming port. 08002
Enable Https No
Https Port. 00443
Smart services renaming for XBMC. Yes

Is that right?

Trial
22-05-13, 20:47
Hi,
I do not think so. There is a special plugin to enable transcoding on the Solo2 this must be called and transcoding must be enabled. There the port is 8002. The normal streaming port should be kept at 8001.

ciao

Hotchef
22-05-13, 21:30
Ok I have openwebinterface and the transcoding plugin both set to 8002.

I'll change openwebinterface back to 8001

Do you need both working?

Trial
22-05-13, 22:35
Hi,
on the Solo2 both ports should be active. If you only want to stream transcoded to the internet you only have to forward port 8002 and leave 8001 disabled.

ciao