PDA

View Full Version : Duo Network Problem

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 12:35
Hi all..

Got a Duo here that i bought about 2months ago.. and never had time to look at it until yesterday..

Totally original Duo No network connection what so ever.. All my hardware is fine as i removed my own boxes to try this below..

I have flashed it with at least 10 different images.. Ranging from Vix to Blackhole to VTI etc etc etc..

Each time when asked in the FIW.. All i get is no network connection..

This happens when hard wired to my hub.. Also with comtrend home plugs.. The bit that is worrying me the most.. is that it will not even connect via the Vu+ dongle which i use myself for my own boxes ..

Anybody have any suggestions on what i can try please.. ??

Thanks

Larry-G
12-04-13, 12:49
every one of my boxes gives me the no network connection error in the FIW so i just skip that and keep setting up, when i see the page asking me if i want to use DHCP it picks up the network and allows me to set it up just fine.

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 12:51
Tried that as well buddy.. And still the same outcome.. No network connection..

Larry-G
12-04-13, 12:56
so it's not even working from the network setup page once the image has been setup ?

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 13:00
No bud.. Not even in the network wizard from :

Menu > Set Up > System > Network > Network Wizard

Was gonna maybe mail to WOS to see if they might be able to do something with it.. But dont know wheather its worth spending cash on to get it working..

Its defo a strange one.. Especially when it wont eveb connect via original Vu+ wifi dongle.. If it was the Ethernet port that was the problem.. then surely the wifi dongle should still work..

Larry-G
12-04-13, 13:07
what about Menu > Set Up > System > Network > Adapter settings > or Network test ?

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 13:11
Still the same buddy.. Network test come up as all fails.. I mean all red cross`s..

chaser
12-04-13, 13:15
If it was the Ethernet port that was the problem.. then surely the wifi dongle should still work..

For sure - they're completely separate. Although you might need to install a driver to get the USB dongle working?

It sounds like a hardware problem on your box. Do you get any lights showing the link status on your router / switch or on the VU+ duo network port?

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 13:26
Yellow / Orange lights.. just as normal on the ethernet port.. Nothing different there.. just as if all is working..

Also.. just logged into router.. and nothing there for the Duo either.. All other boxes there.. Just no Duo..

chaser
12-04-13, 13:35
I had a similar issue on a Duo a few months ago, and the only way I could resolve it was by reflashing. I know this doesn't help you, as you've tried a number of different images already.

Have you tried using a fixed IP address / subnet mask on your box instead of using DHCP?

There might also be some conflict between your router and the box, if you're got multiple boxes using the same host name (which defaults to VUDUO if I remember).

roy0110
12-04-13, 13:51
i had a problem with encryption type on my router,
it might have nothing to do with your problem but take a look in case it's relevent
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27078-faulty-box

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 13:58
Cheers guys.. Thanks for all the help..

I have put it back in its box for now.. and connected up my GB Quad again.. I aint in the mood to mess around with it right now.. But will have another look at it tomorrow..

thanks again for all your replies..

judge
12-04-13, 14:54
Mr. Mister, is that the duo I sent you?
if so, it's never had network issues before.

Mr. Mister
12-04-13, 15:32
Mr. Mister, is that the duo I sent you?
if so, it's never had network issues before.

Hehehe.. Dont panic judge.. Its not yours.. lol

No buddy.. Yours is working perfectly in a neighbours house.. lol