PDA

View Full Version : Quad Network Crashes

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 07:25
To add to my problems with recording, I have now lost the network a couple of times. I have checked my VIX Backups and all are gone as well as the image backup. Also all of the Picons have disappeared on the EPG. Using Filezilla I cannot get access to my Media or HDD folders and most of the folders on the directory have a ? against them.

What's the likely cause, has the image been corrupted?

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 08:25
To add to my problems with recording, I have now lost the network a couple of times. I have checked my VIX Backups and all are gone as well as the image backup. Also all of the Picons have disappeared on the EPG. Using Filezilla I cannot get access to my Media or HDD folders and most of the folders on the directory have a ? against them.

What's the likely cause, has the image been corrupted?

To add insult to injury, my HDD has been wiped! :mad:

Sicilian
12-04-13, 08:31
Sounds like you should start with a complete fresh flash and setup, do not restore any backups of anykind. Cant see how a HDD can be wiped :confused:

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 08:45
Hi
Well I don't know how the HDD can get wiped when I have not tried to install any plugins or extensions, all I have experienced is the network crashes where I have had to re-start the network again, so I can't understand it?

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 09:39
Sounds like you should start with a complete fresh flash and setup, do not restore any backups of anykind. Cant see how a HDD can be wiped :confused:
Hi
Wouldn't be able to restore any backups, they have all gone too!!

marty
12-04-13, 14:30
Start from scratch M8 ;) (that's what I advised you to do the other day :) )
Are you sure that your HDD is OK? Connect it to a PC and run some diagnostics just in case.

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 14:51
Hi MArty
I was going to do a re-flash at the weekend M8 but the big crash happened before I could change it. I'll have to hook the HDD to another box and see if the HDD contents area still there, unless I have a SATA input on my PC:confused:, have to check.

marty
12-04-13, 15:20
Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 15:50
Will do, but I still can't figure out why the HDD managed to ger wiped :confused:

marty
12-04-13, 16:18
You might find the stuff still there after flashing, or could be a duff HDD (that's why I suggest connecting to a PC to check for SMART errors)

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 16:25
Let's hope so.:thumbsup:

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 20:58
Re-flashed but HDD still screwed!

Larry-G
12-04-13, 21:50
Re-flashed but HDD still screwed!

Its possible that your HDD has failed and has been on the way out for a little while. This would also explain your recording issues as at the moment your the only one I know with such issues on a quad.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

madaboutlotus
12-04-13, 23:03
Hoorah, just hit the Mount button on the HDD and lo and behold all the video is back..........:smiley_yup: Thanks Marty for you assistance and prompting. Cheers M8.

Now to see if the recording has been fixed as well. Here's hoping:whistle:

madaboutlotus
13-04-13, 00:28
Let's hope so Phoenix. Time will. I'll post an update.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2