PDA

View Full Version : streaming media file of pc to sat box

bowza
11-04-13, 19:32
hi,

does anyone know a good plugin so i can access my media files from pc and stream onto my tm-twin box over the network. i have a home network set up and pc and sat is connected

BubbleBalls
11-04-13, 23:14
It's already part of the VIX image. Go to menu/setup/system/Network/Samba and install. I think it restarts then go to menu/system/Network/mounts setup/Network browser. It may take 3 or 4 minutes but should find your PC. But you must create a shared folder on your PC in order for VIX to see it.

Tapatalker

clicky555
30-04-13, 20:38
Hi BB,

Thanks for the post above. I have tried your suggested steps. Installed samba, created a folder on LT C:\TM Twin (shared everyone). When i do a network scan i can see all devices but when i ok to LT it does not expand to view folder. All other device connected to home network are fine, PC to XBOX to MOBILE to LT and VV........not sure whats wrong?

BubbleBalls
01-05-13, 15:35
When I use Network Browser my PC will not expand. However, in Mount Points Management i can see that the share is active.

try
Menu/setup/system/network/mounts setup/mount manager/add new network mount point
mount using...........FSTAB
active...................enable
Local share name....What ever you want to call it
mount type............CIFS
server ip................Your pc ip
server share...........Name of the folder you want to share. Do not use / or \ or any file pathways. Simply type the exact name of the folder you set as share.
use as hdd.............no
Mount options.........rw,utf8
username................this is the name you gave to your pc when you first set it up.
password................this is the password of your pc user account, the one you use to log into your windows account

I have one folder on my LT (films) with share set to homegroup only - it works a charm
Let me know how you get on.

josh_g
01-05-13, 20:11
I was having issues mounting a second hard drive on my computer and followed instructions and got it working :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jez
01-05-13, 20:46
was wondering how to do this also, cheers

zenith
01-05-13, 21:16
thank you bubbleballs for this solution to accessing folder on pc been driving me mad for weeks.
cheers

BubbleBalls
02-05-13, 00:01
Solution is not mine. I searched many posts, both here and other sites, but was always caught by the username and password. Spent some time trying different entries before getting green.

I am a Newbe. After a year I am still uneducated in this field. I am delighted that this has helped others. Some one helped me with the basics when I started and he asked that I pass on whatever I learned - I will try. People on this site are fantastic. From technophobes to absolute beginners, someone will help.

Tapatalker

zenith
02-05-13, 10:32
i was making mistake of putting / on server share folder this sorted me.
just makes it easier instead of putting on usb stick to view occasional video.
always appreciate the help on this site,a godsend at times.
thanks again

toploader
03-06-13, 13:43
Hi, having no luck with streaming from pc to TM Twin OE :confused: Curiously, I can see the PC on the TM Network (the files wont expand) BUT I cant see the TM on the PC (see everything else, tv, PS3 etc

Any help appreciated, thanks TL

no1baggiesfan
09-06-13, 18:53
Hi, having no luck with streaming from pc to TM Twin OE :confused: Curiously, I can see the PC on the TM Network (the files wont expand) BUT I cant see the TM on the PC (see everything else, tv, PS3 etc

Any help appreciated, thanks TL

This is exactly the same thing that has happened to me, all was perfect until I upgraded the TM's firmware.

BubbleBalls
09-06-13, 22:48
I reflashed GB Quad last week but have only gotten around to set this up tonight - all is working as it should

josh_g
10-06-13, 09:50
All working fine on my TM-Twin. re-flashed with a clean install with no settings back-up, followed the guide and all working as should