PDA

View Full Version : Sky have chip paired my card, won't work in my Vu+ now

sledge121
11-04-13, 17:43
I prefer the Vu+ receiver to the official SKY one so I use my official card in it, Sky have now paired my card in such a way that I can no longer use it in the Vu+, works fine in my official Sky HD box though, in the Vu+ just says 'channel not subscribed. Looks like the beginning of the end and I have to move back to their crappy box forever.
Any ideas if there will be an Oscam fix for this?

Blu-ray
11-04-13, 17:51
I prefer the Vu+ receiver to the official SKY one so I use my official card in it, Sky have now paired my card in such a way that I can no longer use it in the Vu+, works fine in my official Sky HD box though, in the Vu+ just says 'channel not subscribed. Looks like the beginning of the end and I have to move back to their crappy box forever.

Should of told sky to leave your box alone and to :finger:

Mr. Mister
11-04-13, 18:00

you havent said ifyour using oscam in your box..

Also.. Have you tried an oscam pc server with a card reader.. ?

dfdream
11-04-13, 19:00
I think this error 'channel not subscribed" is only in OSCAM...

you havent said ifyour using oscam in your box..

Also.. Have you tried an oscam pc server with a card reader.. ?

sledge121
11-04-13, 21:20
I tried Oscam and CCcam on Vu box and server with card reader, all no good, but works in Sky box, apparently its a new pairing system that they are rolling out, the end is near.

BadBoy
11-04-13, 21:41
What made them pair it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

duoduo
11-04-13, 21:44
when and how did they pair it mate?

river-rat
11-04-13, 22:40
6 months old news, its to do with the new box id in the new epg being rolled out as they are getting rid of thomson boxes and re coding hd channels

tell me something i have not read

thats why you dont take you card out and put back in box....simple

sledge121
11-04-13, 23:00
They upgrade your sky box then they see the code needed to pair the box to the card

mickyblueys
11-04-13, 23:11
the moral of the story is........don't up upgrade you're box. I'm afraid.

It has been mentioned recently in other threads.

But at the end of the day, it may take time, but somebody will crack it again, as always.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sledge121
12-04-13, 08:44
I didn't upgrade the box, only put the card back in the original box after the issue started and the phone line was not connected, the only none standard thing was it was the main card from a multiroom pair, the subscriptions have the same expiry date as other working cards.
I had a server issue so I needed to reboot it, after that the issue started, I swapped readers, cables, usb ports etc, hosed.

6 months old news, its to do with the new box id in the new epg being rolled out as they are getting rid of thomson boxes and re coding hd channels

tell me something i have not read

thats why you dont take you card out and put back in box....simple

river-rat
07-06-14, 08:31
remours are there is a fix out of turkey and jordon ( not seen any real prove yet ) but hear is over £2000 per box

Maxwell
07-06-14, 08:51
remours are there is a fix out of turkey and jordon ( not seen any real prove yet ) but hear is over £2000 per box

hmmm a fool and his money are soon parted :D

judge
07-06-14, 09:05

Remours thinkz Jordon don't likz Pete being called a turky. Init.

DaMacFunkin
09-06-14, 12:46
£2000 is about the cost of a decent rework station, there is cheaper if indeed that is what is required.