PDA

View Full Version : duo just keeps freezing

hawaythelad
11-04-13, 10:42
my duo just keeps freezing this is happening at random channels. it happens while I am recording, not recording.

cccam is 2.21
virtusso image extreme vix team open vix 3.0.600

plugins cross epg
media scanner
openworld
picture player

any ideas

hawaythelad
11-04-13, 10:47
also if I leave it on standby the machine freezes & the time stays on the time when it happened.

when it freezes the box dose not respond

satmanbasil
11-04-13, 11:32
Hi mate

Does this happen on free channels or encrypted ones ?
You could bring your build up to date as we are now @ 649 to see if that improves things otherwise i can only suggest reinstall the image and then introduce the plugins one at a time and test for a day before adding another as it seems to me that one of them is causing your problem.
Also what are your epg requirement are they auto build? does the freeze happen around the time the epg rebuilds?

satmanbasil
11-04-13, 11:34
Hi again

Second post says box does not respond are we talking remote if so remove any usb sticks or usb hard drive you have then reboot the box from rear switch that should mend the remote problem.

hawaythelad
11-04-13, 16:01
yes then I have to do a forced reboot

hawaythelad
11-04-13, 16:03
I don't have anything plugged into it now & it still dose the same

acsnaz
11-04-13, 16:21
Hi
I have exactly same issue.
Tried loads of images including VTI
Vix 2.0 2.3 3.0 3.362
have the same plugins even posted debug & crash logs no response at the moment,
will give blackhole image a go but reckon I will get the same issue

hawaythelad
11-04-13, 17:20
seems to be a problem this box, it always dose at the good bit of the show or the match

BubbleBalls
11-04-13, 17:50
I had issues like this but it mainly related to use of a USB tuner. I removed that but also installed cacheflush plugin.

Cacheflush is in the download section.

Tapatalker

acsnaz
11-04-13, 21:49
I had issues like this but it mainly related to use of a USB tuner. I removed that but also installed cacheflush plugin.

Cacheflush is in the download section.

Tapatalker
No USB tuners installed, just standard tuners.
But will install cacheflush plugin & see what that does....

bazovcarlisle
12-04-13, 00:43
I have this problem too so will give cacheflush a go too thanks

acsnaz
12-04-13, 06:36
Cacheflush does not help
same problem box is freezing on whatever channel!!!

BubbleBalls
12-04-13, 07:51
Hi,

You have media scanner installed. Is that additional to the built in one?

I don't have picture viewer or open world installed but have a few other other plug ins installed.

You issue sounds serious. Is the box new? Where you buy? Could be a clone.

Tapatalker

acsnaz
12-04-13, 11:49
Purchased from World of statellite only 6 months old.

garyblas
12-04-13, 12:16
also if I leave it on standby the machine freezes & the time stays on the time when it happened.

when it freezes the box dose not respond

Do you have the fan enabled, could be an overheating problem

psionguy
12-04-13, 13:48
Do you have your EPG or picons stored on your hard drive, or possibly using Cccam, any of these could cause freezing.

satmanbasil
12-04-13, 15:40
Hi mate

Picking up on the last post regarding CCcam is this via your own card or CS if the latter you need to contact your supplier as on certain channels/broadcaster this will happen, we are unable to to help you on the forum regarding such matters.

acsnaz
12-04-13, 21:13
Do you have the fan enabled, could be an overheating problem

Fan is running..

acsnaz
12-04-13, 21:14
Do you have your EPG or picons stored on your hard drive, or possibly using Cccam, any of these could cause freezing.
Fresh vix 3.0 installed, with no epg, no HDD nothing installed.
Manual scan done after setup. within 24 hours the box froze...

garyblas
12-04-13, 21:28
Hi mate

Picking up on the last post regarding CCcam is this via your own card or CS if the latter you need to contact your supplier as on certain channels/broadcaster this will happen, we are unable to to help you on the forum regarding such matters.

Acsnaz,

Can you answer the above reply quote? This is a major factor you need to resolve first

acsnaz
13-04-13, 07:33
Sorry Garyblas
CCcam is via my own card.
I've flashed my duo with Blackhole 2.0.2. flash was done at 1pm on friday. worked all day yesterday, was working in the morning today as well. So far so good, lets see how long it lasts...

Rob van der Does
13-04-13, 08:19
If the DUO is 'frozen' (and hence has to be hard-rebooted) it is important to know it the time on the VFD shows and is 'frozen' as well.
If not: it's an Enigma2 crash/problem.
If yes: it's a (probably driver related) Linux problem. In this case activating a SWAP-file and use of the cacheflush plugin might help.

hawaythelad
13-04-13, 12:16
same here mate

hawaythelad
13-04-13, 12:17
cache plugin where do you get that from

stevesom
13-04-13, 12:35
From the plugins menu-plugins-green button-extensions scroll down to cache flush.

hawaythelad
13-04-13, 12:41
If the DUO is 'frozen' (and hence has to be hard-rebooted) it is important to know it the time on the VFD shows and is 'frozen' as well.
If not: it's an Enigma2 crash/problem.
If yes: it's a (probably driver related) Linux problem. In this case activating a SWAP-file and use of the cacheflush plugin might help.

the time is frozen so I will it ago

pooface
13-04-13, 12:51
This is the exact same issue I was having on ultimo. Been trying to investigate it for a while now. Seems completely random tho. Seems to have highest probability of occurring after speaking about it! Lol.

Rob, I haven't tried adding a swap to the ultimo, but wouldn't think it would benefit it. Have tried using cscheflush and that was one of the suspected items causing it to lock.

At others having this problem, do you use an nfs and have symlinks to the nfs? Only thing I can think of I haven't tried...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

acsnaz
14-04-13, 10:57
I have 3 Vu+ Duo & 1 Vu+ Ultimo
Only 1 duo is giving this issue.
Is not logical to assume after trying several different images & sub versions, that there is a fault with the box itself?

judge
14-04-13, 11:03
Is not logical to assume after trying several different images & sub versions, that there is a fault with the box itself?

still too hard & too random to tell...
I've had a Solo2 that had the same issues but works perfectly now.