PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Bizarre standby problem

ea.xlns
11-04-13, 10:10
Hi guys, hoping someone can help.

Running the openvix-3.0.649-vusolo image and for the last two nights I have had an annoying problem.

I switch off the receiver overnight and when I return to it in the morning it won't switch on. The light on the receiver is responsive (flashes) when I press buttons on the remote but it doesn't change colour and certainly doesn't switch on. I have to pull the power lead from the wall and then switch it back on.

It seems to be going into a deep standby and not switching on afterwards unless it loses power.

Does anyone know what's going on?

ea.xlns
11-04-13, 16:09
Anyone help pls?

mickyblueys
11-04-13, 16:26
You will have to post debug logs to get a better idea.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ea.xlns
11-04-13, 16:28
How do I do that Micky?

mickyblueys
11-04-13, 16:34
Menu setup system logs.
If you haven't already you will have to turn them on and configure settings. Also if they are already not on you will have to wait to replicate problem.

It's just a guess at the moment but it may be a low memory problem. Do you have epg set to automatically download through the evening.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
11-04-13, 16:47
If you have a rs232 null modem cable try making a bootlog if you can, this may shed some light on what's going on during boot up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hermit
15-04-13, 10:57
I had this and similar symptoms on my Duo.

The issue exactly as described in the original post only occurred once, but I regularly had the similar occur :
I would start up my Duo from Deep Standby and on the front display it would be stuck displaying "Starting". The duo would start and display the last channel that was watched before shutdown. I could not change the channel but the red light on the Duo would flash to show it detected the signal from the remote control. The only way to resolve this was to shutdown via the power switch at the rear of the duo. I tried restarting via telnet, flashing to the latest version and the problem persisted. I was about to try to collect a boot log before installing the CacheFlush plugin :
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25934-CacheFlush-plugin

That was a little over a week ago and have not had any of the issues since.

pooface
15-04-13, 16:20
By switch off, do you mean standard standby, not deep sleep?

When you get the issue that it will not wake up, can you ftp or telnet in to the box?