PDA

View Full Version : Vu + Solo 2 Set Up.

RottyDave
10-04-13, 12:55
I am a total novice with satellite equipment.
I Tried 2 set my new box up last night without success.

Have got the vix software pre installed.
I Had trouble with setting up the Lnb inputs as im only using one at present to set up for my place in Spain so have been advised to use the loopthrough setting.(which i am going to try tonight)

When set up correctly should i be able to view fta tv without downloading any further software?

If this works i am then going to set up a softcam so i can view my sky subscription channels via my sky hd card and add a epg too.:confused:

josh_g
10-04-13, 14:41
in theory yes, but don't quote me on that! the first time i set up my box it was a bit triel and error evan with the guide but once you have done it once it becomes like ridding a bike!

RottyDave
10-04-13, 17:20
Ok then,here goes,gonna attempt to set it up nnow-watch this space

RottyDave
10-04-13, 17:21
Here goes,gonna have another go.
Will post the outcome in a while-Thanks

Larry-G
10-04-13, 17:32
as long as you have a upto date channel list and there is noting wrong with your feed from the dish / lnb you should have no trouble receiving FTA channels.

RottyDave
10-04-13, 19:41
Have been trying with no success to set my box up but have managed to get it to recognise my wirelesss internet connection.
Any tips on setting the box up to view fta channels to start with?
I can only get as far the inputs for the lnbs,I have one input for now into lnb1 and have set lnb2 to loopthrough.When i scan it just comes up with software problem message and reboots after 10 seconds?

Confused.com at present

judge
10-04-13, 21:08
use the cable in tuner b & set loopthrough on a.

what sats are you trying to scan?

RottyDave
11-04-13, 09:30
Hi,
Thanks for the advice,
I ditched the set up wizard in the end and did a automatic scan of 28.2 E sat and i have now got all my fta channels and a epg

I tried to follow this link to set up a softcam so it will read my sky subscription card,

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ghlight=boxkey

but When i open filezilla and put in the details as shown in the link:

ip address 192.168.0.5
host name ROOT
Password password
Port 21

it will not connect to my receiver.Does any one have any tips to get over this problem? :confused:

judge
11-04-13, 09:39
have you a cam running on the box? if so, which one?

josh_g
11-04-13, 09:48
try leaving the password blank

RottyDave
11-04-13, 09:50
All i have at present is the vix software which was preloaded on to the receiver when i purchased it so starting from scratch.

judge
11-04-13, 09:54
All i have at present is the vix software which was preloaded on to the receiver when i purchased it so starting from scratch.

download a cam from here (http://openvix.co.uk), ftp it to the box or put it on a USB stick & install it.

RottyDave
11-04-13, 10:11
I did try that last night, it goes through the connection process but fails after the third stage stating "critical error-unable to connect".
I have also tried with another program but again i cannt connect to the receiver:confused:

RottyDave
11-04-13, 10:13
Ok Judge,will have a go at that later when i have done with work,Thanks 4 that:)

RottyDave
11-04-13, 10:14
Will try that tonight when i finish work so thanks for the info-will post update here later;)

RottyDave
11-04-13, 10:17
Will any one do Judge?

judge
11-04-13, 10:30
depends on how you want to set it up.
cccam 2.3.0 or below versions should be fine for now.

RottyDave
12-04-13, 09:03
I have managed to get filezilla working(the word root should be spelt in lower case-not caps) and transferred the cccam and notepad files as in instructed earlier in the post but when i go into Software Manager on my receiver there is no cam listed?
Any ideas where im going wrong?