PDA

View Full Version : VU+Duo Flashing Problem with Open VIS/Bootloader

Paul41
10-04-13, 11:11
Can someone advise.

I currently have blackhole version 2 installed successfully but i'm wanting to try OpenVis-3.0.626.

Folllowed the instructions and downloaded bootloader: duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip and unzipped onto my FAT32 USB.

I then inserted and booted up my VU+ and it says reading USB, Finsish remove USB very quickly.

I then inserted the openvix-3.0.626 image from USB and got the same message only after a few seconds.

Rebooting the system i am simply going back into the Blackhole operating system as if nothing has loaded? Anyone advise?

Checking inside the duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip file i can only see the following files;

cfe_cfe_auto.bin
update.txt

This does not appear to be correct? Possibly i have the wrong bootloader? Anyone advise?

Do I possibly need to remove blackhole from system first?

Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
10-04-13, 16:24
Can someone advise.

I currently have blackhole version 2 installed successfully but i'm wanting to try OpenVis-3.0.626.

Folllowed the instructions and downloaded bootloader: duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip and unzipped onto my FAT32 USB.

I then inserted and booted up my VU+ and it says reading USB, Finsish remove USB very quickly.

I then inserted the openvix-3.0.626 image from USB and got the same message only after a few seconds.

Rebooting the system i am simply going back into the Blackhole operating system as if nothing has loaded? Anyone advise?

Checking inside the duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip file i can only see the following files;

cfe_cfe_auto.bin
update.txt

This does not appear to be correct? Possibly i have the wrong bootloader? Anyone advise?

Do I possibly need to remove blackhole from system first?

Thanks in advance.

If your using BH 2.x.x then there is no need to uodate the bootloader to use a ViX 3.0 image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2