PDA

View Full Version : Picon problem

TomD
10-04-13, 07:12
Hi

I recently changed E2 channel lists to Cat's eye list (with a few edits from my old E2 settings), and to make a change I also downloaded a new picon set. However for some reason the picons seem to have lost all association to the channels, they are scattered against the wrong channels everywhere!
I have tried all the different picon sets and stored them both in usb and on the box (usr/share/enigma2) but no luck.

Has anyone any idea how this has happened and what to do?

Thanks
Tom

duoduo
10-04-13, 08:42
Not sure if it will make any difference but i put my picons in media/hdd folder, try this mate and see if it helps i have no problem with mine.
Good luck

Larry-G
10-04-13, 16:23
Not sure if it will make any difference but i put my picons in media/hdd folder, try this mate and see if it helps i have no problem with mine.
Good luck

Picons will work fine from a HDD but the downside there is they will prevent the HDD from going to sleep. The HDD will spin up on every Channel change while it acceses the drive to display the picon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

TomD
05-05-13, 18:03
Hi
I still haven't solved this. With DBox edit my picons are associated correctly, but when I upload E2 settings (inc picons) nothing is there. If I ftp all my picons across to my usb, The picons are all over the place - not on the correct channels?

This is driving my crazy as I much prefer picons to just a service name.

abu baniaz
05-05-13, 18:40
Delete the existing ones and transfer a newly downloaded set without editing or down load the from the feeds.

You can also try using Rats Picon updater plugin

TomD
06-05-13, 11:51
Thanks Abu

I deleated, then downloaded the TV-28E plugin - worked fine, but many picons missing. So then downloaded SG Flip 28E , and still lots missing. I did look for the Rats Picon Updater, but couldn't find it in the plug-ins? Would that plug-in fill the missing picons and could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Tom

TomD
06-05-13, 16:44
Thanks - Found Rat Picon Updater and many of the missing Picons are now filled. :D

abu baniaz
06-05-13, 21:03
Glad you are sorted, dont forget to run it regularly. It is not in the plugin feeds, but people can download from the forum.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27854-Rat-s-Picon-Updater-Plugin&highlight=rats+picon