PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo 2 Audio Issue

Trevsta
09-04-13, 21:22
Hi All,

Just got my new box and would just like to share what i have found for others searching this issue in future.

Box arrived and lastest VIX image applied ( via a friend and 1.5 tb hard disk installed)

Powered on all good.

Next day no sound hmm checked all leads all seems to be fine.

Rebooted box via handset sound came on... all good..

Next morning no sound.... ( oki you get the pattern )

So next morning i checked the autio settings changed the Bypass setting whilst jeremy kyle was on and sound came on...and now all is good... works first time on bootup now...

My settings now are

Digital Down Mix ON
Channel STEREO
TO Subtitle
Audio Sync
3D Surrond HDMI
Bypass HDMI EDID Check ON

Sony Tv and Sony RHT-G surround stand for info...

Also must say this box is class... better than my duolabs box which is now retired / and my dreambox 800hd hands down ... and my wife likes the EPG which is fast and very user friendly

thanks

Trev

Delagroov
10-04-13, 08:29
I think it has to do with 3d audio settting.
Propbarbly a bug in drivers, which need looked at by Vu+

Try this with 3d audio set to standard as this gave me no problem here

Trevsta
12-04-13, 17:39
Hi

Interestingly i took your advice and turned on my system the sound was not working.
AV settings 3D Surround was set to HDMI as soon as i change it to next setting SPDIF sound came on then swapping back stayed on so indeed a bug.

i have set to 3D off as you suggest and ill report back tomorrow if the system is working.

Do we know if this bug has been reported before ( i guess so )

thanks

Trev

Delagroov
12-04-13, 20:42
I am aware of an issue with 3d audio when using analog output to amp..

So when you let me know the outcom, with set to off, I will report this to Vu+ to take a look at the driver/plugin

Trevsta
13-04-13, 09:05
Hi

I have turned on my setup this morning and all is fine. Just so you know my friend who set my box up changed my box to 3D Surround on then gave it me... so the issue was just that setting turned on....

Hope this helps

trev

drh
13-04-13, 09:28
Same here, since disabling 3D sound, several days have passed without the "loss of audio" bug occurring.
Previously, it there was no sound virtually every morning when I first put the TV back on.

What exactly is 3D sound anyway, I'm assuming its one of those features to try and make your TV sound like surround sound!?
I'm guessing if you permanently output your sound to a 7.1 Dolby AMP or similar, you probably don't need it right?

Delagroov
13-04-13, 10:05
Okay..I will report this issue to Vu+