PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Recording timeshift, then transferring to hdd, problem!

mickyblueys
09-04-13, 19:23
@andyblac
Running vu duo vix 3.0 649
I run timeshift on usb. Mounted in ext4.
I've tried to record a few programs through timeshift today. But when I stop the recordings it fails to transfer the recordings from usb to hdd. This has worked in the past, but it is the first time I've tried this in a while. I have sent debug log direct from box, no: 1365531675.78
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mickyblueys
09-04-13, 23:24
This problem is also present on my other duo which is currently on build 645.

So not sure when it crept in?

mickyblueys
10-04-13, 19:44
More info:

Been testing more, and noticed I may have jumped the gun. It it's transferring the recording over, when it it's fully finished. It is when I manually stop a recording it doesn't transfer over. Not sure if this feature can be added, but no big deal, at least it is working in automatic.

andyblac
10-04-13, 23:30
please explain more

cheers
andy.

mickyblueys
11-04-13, 01:01
please explain more

cheers
andy.

Ok, what I've noticed.
Scenario 1:
When I timeshift record e.g. football highlights, and leave it to finish automatically (at end of program) without me changing channel over, the recording transfers over from usb to hdd, without problem. And can be played back no problem.

Scenario 2:
When I timeshift record e.g. football highlights, but decide to stop the recording after my team have been on, and change channel over, the message appears on screen saying it is saving the recording. But it fails to properly. When you go in file list it shows the recording but has a timescale blank. When you press to play this back the screens goes blank and then returns to file list.

......I hope this makes sense. I realise this scenario isn't that common, but I still thought that wether you stop the recording or allow it to run out, it should still transfer it over to you're hdd.

swindphi
13-04-13, 09:21
Recording timeshift problems and Cross-epg problems using USB

I have also had a problem with Timeshift on USB which I resolved by moving it to HDD.
I think there is a corruption in the software (I'm still running 632 and am awaiting confirmation from W-o-S / Vix that the problem has been resolved before upgrading) that is affecting several USB functions.
I also have a problem using the USB for Cross-epg TV program data downloads. The data seems to save (Download Now function) but won't load so the program guide only starts to load up when you tune in to a channel - very slow! Again, I have resolved this problem by dispensing with USB and installing the Cross-epg on to the HDD - works OK so far after a few days, fingers crossed!