PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] hbbtv overflows the memory

rte
09-04-13, 09:12
Don't install plugin hbbtv, it fills the memory and the system is stuck.
Reflashing required.

Delagroov
09-04-13, 09:19
Think you need to be more precise..instead of advising not to install a plugin in general.

Usin HbbTv here and no problem on my vu+ boxes..

rte
09-04-13, 09:33
The installation proceedings already showed: not enough free space. Too much for my system, anyway. So, I prefer not to install it.

Rob van der Does
09-04-13, 10:23
Well, 'you preferring not to install HbbTV' is clearly something else then 'don't install plugin hbbtv'.
HbbTV is running fine on my DUO, UNO, Ultimo & solo2 (all on build 649).

As the DUO has relatively low RAM it might help to use the plugin CachFlush and/or a SWAP-file.

rte
09-04-13, 10:55
CachFlush? I haven't noticed it in the plugin-list. I didn't know about the cache-memory where waste files are collected.
Can you specify the path?

Rob van der Does
09-04-13, 11:26
The CacheFlush plugin is available via the feeds (extensions).

rte
09-04-13, 11:27
After another trial I repeat: hbbtv plugin is too big to be installed. So, I strongly recommend not to install it.

Rob van der Does
09-04-13, 11:49
After another trial I repeat: hbbtv plugin is too big to be installed. So, I strongly recommend not to install it.
Again: it runs fine here on all my VU-STB's. So there must be another reason for the problem you experience, and no reason to raise a general alert.

Did you try what I suggested?

If still having problems when using a SWAP-file and the CacheFlush plugin, please flash your box with build 649 (without restoring settings & plugins) and install HbbTV; see how you go from there.

rte
09-04-13, 12:02
I did as you said and I have build 349 and I don't want anything where swap-file should be needed.
I can do without hbbtv.

Rob van der Does
09-04-13, 12:46
Indeed a swap-file won't normally be needed; it was merely a suggestion to overcome the problem you have.
And now it turns out that you're using an old build; so how can you advise as you did :rolleyes:

Larry-G
09-04-13, 15:32
I did as you said and I have build 349 and I don't want anything where swap-file should be needed.
I can do without hbbtv.

As rob suggests its more likely how you have your system setup. I personally have no need for hbbtv but I have tested it on both my Duo's without the issues your suffering.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rte
10-04-13, 08:27
In my Ultimo, I removed the webbrowser- plugin first.
There I have much more free memory space.
Then I installed the hbbtv-plugin. The result was an operabrowser-plugin.
That works fine as a browser, indeed.
But what the hell is hbbtv?

Delagroov
10-04-13, 08:37
It s like video on demand, and a service of some prividers.
When you see hbbtv logo in infobar on certain channels you can start this service.
Most on dutch and german channels (not supported on Uk)

http://www.hbbtv.org/index.php

Rob van der Does
10-04-13, 12:16
But what the hell is hbbtv?See

http://www.hbbtv.org/

rte
10-04-13, 14:59
Now I've got it. The hbbtv start was on the extensions list, not on the plugin-list.
And some German channels really have something with it. May be some use for it will pop up.