PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] 2x Vu+ Duo boxes wont boot after update (version openvix-3.0.204)

discobrother
08-04-13, 23:37
Hi All

Ive just updated both my own and a mates Vu+ Duo with the latest vix image (openvix-3.0.204) however everytime i turn the box off or do a reboot from the vix menu the box refuses to reboot back into the GUI. It just spins on VIX. Its very strange I.E. it will spin on VIX and stop for a second and the spin again.... this happens for about 3 mins before eventually stopping and the image stays stuck on the blue boot screen. No matter what i do nothing will load the GUI and the box remains useless. Ive flashed both boxes 3 times now and the same thing happens. The box will only boot ONCE after full flash and then thats it.

Any ideas greatly appreciated? The only 2 items loaded after image install are 1- CCcam 2.1.3 and SgtFlipFlops Boquets which are only Ftp'd using dreambox edit. Ive tried 2 different versions of CCcam to make sure that isint the issue.

Please help

Larry-G
08-04-13, 23:39
That build is over 450 builds and 6 months old.

you would be best served using a more upto date build from www.openvix.co.uk

discobrother
08-04-13, 23:49
Thats great thanks Pheonix. I just went for what appeared to be the latest stable version listed here on the forums. Is the protocol now to go for the newest version as listed on the link youve provided as in the newest listed is for today April 8th (7 downloads)

Larry-G
09-04-13, 00:13
The openvix site is where we post all stable builds now, you can still update via online software updates through the receiver but so much has changed since build 204 that it would only cause you problems to do that. so best do a fresh flash directly to the latest build on the openvix site.

also please be aware that you should not restore any settings to ViX 3.0 from a earlier image as this will break the image requiring a reflash.

mickyblueys
09-04-13, 00:30
Did you flash bootloader first? You may need to coming from an older version to vix 3.0

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

charliesen
09-04-13, 00:36
I think you can only update to version 3 if you have the latest boot loader installed or am I mistaken ? He says he is on 3.0.204

Tkr001
09-04-13, 02:07
You can update but if the latest bootloader is not installed you won't be able to boot.

For the OP flash the new bootloader in the same way you flash an image. It will only take a few seconds though. Then flash the latest stable image from the openvix site. Do not restore settings rather set the box up from scratch. It is worth keeping up to date with the stable releases.