PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner DVB-S2 HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver

RottyDave
08-04-13, 08:50
I am going to purchase the above box from world of satellite but not sure which of the extras available from the options on screen i need apart from a internal hdd.
I want to use the the box in Spain so will only have a wifi connection from my neighbour so want to set it up to read my sky hd card before i go out again in May
Any advice would be appreciated-Thanks

judge
08-04-13, 10:47
internal hdd & wifi stick so, nothing else required...

RottyDave
08-04-13, 12:01
Have just ordered and included the USB WiFi Option:
--- WIFI N 300MBPS USB (+£28.00) and the 500gb hdd.

Is that what you mean by wifi stick?
Thanks again

josh_g
08-04-13, 12:25
Have just ordered and included the USB WiFi Option:
--- WIFI N 300MBPS USB (+£28.00) and the 500gb hdd.

Is that what you mean by wifi stick?
Thanks again

yerp thats what you need mate :)

RottyDave
08-04-13, 12:33
Thanks everyone for the info,

All ordered now,will be looking to set it up to read my sky hd card and receive my freesat channels if anyone can advise me how to do this-

josh_g
08-04-13, 12:39
if you have movies/sport u will need a cam set up with a boxkey

have a look at the guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7376-CCcam-amp-Sly-Setup-on-VIX-2-0-by-dymebox&highlight=boxkey

in regards to setting up the box look here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

RottyDave
08-04-13, 13:34
Thanks for the link,what does ftp the .ipk file mean-i am a total novice to these sort of things-Cheers

josh_g
08-04-13, 13:37
read the second link that guides you to set up the box.. that will explain how to FTP

it will tell you how to set up the cam. when you get to the bit about a config for cccam thats when you put the boxkey in instead of using a blank document :)

hope that helps

RottyDave
08-04-13, 13:40
You are a gent,will try that-Thanks

josh_g
08-04-13, 13:42
your welcome mate :cool: good luck setting it up :thumbsup:

RottyDave
09-04-13, 21:35
My solo 2 box was delivered today.
Have tried to follow the instructions as per the set up link but i am struggling a bit.Should i be able to set up to receive fta channels without the cccam install?
I am trying to set up using only one lnb input firstly and when asked to set up input b iam not sure what to load into these settings.I tried the same settings as in input a and then go on to try and set up my wifi connection using the usb wifi stick but alas with no success and no tv picture too.
Any Ideas where i am going wrong?:confused

Larry-G
09-04-13, 22:29
Ideally you need to be using a separate feed from the LNB to each input but if thats not possible at the moment set the second tuner to loopthrough.

RottyDave
09-04-13, 22:36
Ok,thanks for that,will try try tomorrow and post update of progress tomorrow-Cheers

RottyDave
11-04-13, 12:05
Thanks for that,it worked a treat.I now have my fta channels and used the auto bouquet set up which worked well.
Now comes the tricky bit.
I tried to install a softcam to read my sky card last night but using Filezilla to upload to my box but i cannot get it to connect to my receiver.
Have just loaded this onto a memory stick: enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk
so hope i can just put this into the usb port on my receiver and it will do the same thing ?
Any advice?:confused:

judge
11-04-13, 12:10
yes, you can put the ipk on a usb stick, place it in the reciever & install from there.
be aware though, installing the cam does not install the required config file.
Create a blank text file called Cccam.cfg, ftp it to /etc/ then start the cam.
Once you get that bit working, we can help you with setting up any required extras for viewing channels using your local card.

Rob van der Does
11-04-13, 12:14
Ideally you need to be using a separate feed from the LNB to each input but if thats not possible at the moment set the second tuner to loopthrough.
Be aware that for the Solo2 the feed must be connected to tuner B (and hence tuner A must be set to 'loopthrough).

RottyDave
11-04-13, 14:23
I didnt know that bit about feed into lnb 2 and loopthrough in lnb 1 so thanks,will have to check that one.I will post again one checked and ihave loaded the softcam-Thanks guys