PDA

View Full Version : Basic Edit on VD_HD_Plus Skin

dfdream
02-10-10, 17:10
Andy.

1 question.

I was doing basic editing of the VU_HD_Plus Skin and it keeps greenscreening.
Had to ftp old skin.xml to sort.

I wanted to add the Resolution width x height in the second info bar to the movie player
and
Add the Satellite position also in the second info bar to the channel list screen (its handy when there are mixed satellites in a bouquet like HD Bouquet).

One other thing there seems to be a real delay in browsing to \\BM750\harddisk in SAMBA but \\BM750\harddisk\movies is instant. I tried 2 laptops.

D

andyblac
02-10-10, 17:20
Andy.

1 question.

I was doing basic editing of the VU_HD_Plus Skin and it keeps greenscreening.
Had to ftp old skin.xml to sort.

I wanted to add the Resolution width x height in the second info bar to the movie player
and
Add the Satellite position also in the second info bar to the channel list screen (its handy when there are mixed satellites in a bouquet like HD Bouquet).

One other thing there seems to be a real delay in browsing to \\BM750\harddisk in SAMBA but \\BM750\harddisk\movies is instant. I tried 2 laptops.

D

as far as i know the info is not available to those parts

dfdream
04-10-10, 12:17
Andy I have used these before in DTV_HD and DMM Conn skins.

Attached is a mockup of what I mean. Its handy to see the sat position on the channels list.

This is the code I used in DTV_HD skin

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="805, 476" zPosition="1" size="153, 39" font="Regular; 28" halign="center" foregroundColor="red" text="SAT POS">
<convert type="ServiceOrbitalPosition">
</convert>
</widget>

I also attached screen shots from e2skinner from DTV_HD of the items I added to skin and used for 4-5 months.

From what I see most movie player info bars have the video resolution of the recording in it and also they would have the recording icon on them to show that there is a recording going on in the background.

It seems that editing skins is not as easy as it was. I used never get green screens on edits but now its all the time.

D