PDA

View Full Version : Ouch...

dragoscevero
07-04-13, 14:11
My Gb Quad is stuck on bootlogo screen... :(
I know it's not a good notice, I've tried to install older and newer bootloader, openmips and vix image, but the only thing that change is the image of the bootlogo.
I don't know what to do to get it working again...
only try is to send it back to gigablue? :confused:

marty
07-04-13, 14:39
Why did you try and change the bootloader? :confused:

Did it stick on the bootloader screen before or after you tried to change it?

dragoscevero
07-04-13, 15:20
i've tried to change bootloader after the damage... only to see if it will wakeup...
It was stick on bootlogo first then i tried this... i was uploading an image, but i don't know what happened, no blackout or interruption was happened...

Larry-G
07-04-13, 15:26
The bootloader is akin to a bios update on a PC and should only ever be carried out when absolutely necessary. however if your getting the bootlogo you must not have done any serious damage because a damaged boot area would result in a none booting receiver.

have you tried hitting any buttons on the remote such as menu ? or channel up / down and if so what happens ?. also do you have the ability to create a bootlog ?.

dragoscevero
07-04-13, 15:31
No, i continue to see the logo on the lcd screen and on the Tv.
Nothing happens pushing remote buttons... no response and the led on front panel won't blink...
I don't know how to get a bootlog now... how can I?

marty
07-04-13, 15:40
Do you have telnet access?

dragoscevero
07-04-13, 15:48
I think no...
I can't see the box over the lan... it seems not to connect to the network, i don't think firmware starts, only the logo on the lcd and tv keep be visualized.

I can only put an usb drive with bootloader or an image inside and it see the files, it accepts the ok key on front panel and flash the image, with blinking leds and "flashing in progress, don't unplug usb" text on lcd screen.

Don't know if that can help, but I have an internal hdd fitted and lan cable connected... better to remove then first than try again?

marty
07-04-13, 16:03
Try unplugging for a few mins and while you wait DISCONTECT everything (inc HDD) and then reconnect ONLY the HDMI and POWER cables and see what happens then.

Does it seem like the image flash works but does not boot afterwards?

dragoscevero
07-04-13, 16:10
exactly... image seem to be flashed, the lcd screen work in this phase, but at the end of flashing receiver won't reboot automatically, lcd shows bootlogo and tv was showing it in the whole process...

pooface
07-04-13, 16:26
As Marty says. Try powering down for half hour or more. In this time, remove everything, other usb drives, hdd, lan, lnb, etc etc. Just connect power and hdmi, and the usb you're flashing with. Then, after 30-60 mins, try powering on, and reflashing, and see what happens then...

Also, if you have a null modem cable, and a pc/laptop with com port (or serial to usb adapter), try connecting during bootup and flash process and see what happens...

dragoscevero
07-04-13, 16:36
I've got it!

I've found a full image backup on my computer, wich had a burn.bat file...
I've turned on the box with that inside (burn.bat and gigablue folder) and without asking nothing, it flashed again.
At the end receiver was active! But the strange thing is that he has onboard not the image that was backupped, but the last one i've flashed (latest openmips).
:confused:
Strange but... my receiver's save...
Thank to all... you're the best helping me on sunday... ;)

pooface
07-04-13, 17:07
Glad you're sorted. Don't have one of these receivers myself, but usually all are similar to flash...

Now, get your box set up how you like and carry on using ;)